In a bit of a dilemma

Discussion in 'General' started by MOBYDICK, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Sup blades

7 months ago i was arrested for possession (1 gram) of weed.

I got 1 year unsupervised probation with 1/month drug testing.

After 3 months in my hometown, i moved to college because thats what most kids do right out of high school.

I move to my college (out of state, rural area) and the prosecuting office still wants to me test somehow, not knowing the measures i have to go to do so.

For me to keep testing, i have to travel nearly 3 hours to a urban city, pay for gas, and pay an additional $60 to piss in a cup. Almost $100 so to speak just to piss in a cup. And i have to do this 6 times over the next 5 months.

My previous drug testing in my home town cost $20/test.

Does this seem extreme? should i complain to the attorney?

Any input is appreciated.

2. Yes, it seems extreme.

Talk to your attorney about having your drug tests moved to the county you currently live in for school. They should be able to do it.

3. They supplied me with a facility (local hospital) but the doctor said they didnt have "proper form of chain of custody"

whatever that means, shitty ass hospital if you ask me.

But i know what your saying, and ill look into it.

4. I believe that means they need to transfer your whole probation case to the county you're in now. New probation officer and all...they should have made you aware of that before you moved...that's assuming you gave them notice that you were moving..

That's what my little brother had to do..it actually worked to his advantage cause they weren't testing him during the transfer...which took them almost 2 months to complete

5. I have unsupervised probation aka no PO. They were %100 aware of my moving situation at my court.

All they said was " Defendant may have UA's at school town when he moves "

What does "may" mean? lol to me it sounds like "eh if he wants but if he dont we wont give a shit" but i guess they kinda did just recently when they sent me a letter about continuing my testing aka the local hospital where the doctor SUCKED and told me they couldnt do it

They did not send/request any transfer of probation.

any other input?