Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

In 50 Years...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Neighbors!, Feb 19, 2010.

1. What do you think the cannabis community will be like in 50 years? I honestly think itll be legal by then. I think itll be closer to now than in 50 years. so by then i think smoking weed might even be like an old pastime. like what old men do to hang out and shit. haha like how we used to to see em walking around with tobacco pipes. maybe ill be mozying about town with my bubbler. haha what about you guy what do you think

2. Probably like tobacco in the 20's. Everybody smokes it and it's just seen as a common practice.

3. we`ll be dead :D seriously the world is coming down eco change is getting worst everday

4. we wont even be around in 50 years, this planet is going down

5. Oil can't last forever. I see one of three possible scenarios...

1. Marijuana becomes legal due to an energy demand. Products and fuel are derived from hemp.

2. Nuclear energy regains popularity. Easy source of plentiful energy.

3. Innovation leads to a better solution, technology beyond our current grasp.

#1 is the most cost efficient

6. My generation (I'm 18, for reference) will be those old guys sitting on the deck smokin a bowl :)

7. Not really... enrich-able plutonium and uranium are as non-renewable as any fossil fuels. I think the current estimates put us at 75 years more usage at current levels or something... Hopefully people will wake up and see the advantages of #1!

Yeah dude, same here. I hope legalization happens before then though, so by that point I've already got a good few years of legal smoking behind me by retirement! The way things are now, I'd say more like 10-15 years for legalization... well we can hope anyway!

8. Yeahhh buddy! I'm with ng_hammy though. I'm thinking/hoping it'll be legal within the next 10 years :smoking:

9. Once Cali legalizes other states will drop like dominos.

10. I predict that within 10-15 years, it will be legal in most states. This means that in 50 years, most people in the country will have had it legal for a large portion of their lives. I think it would resemble alcohol more than cigarettes because the use and effects are much more comparable. My generation (I'm 18 now) would likely consider it commonplace. What I wonder is what illegal drug might take it's place? What drug will we be yelling at our kids for using? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

11. Our generation shall be the last.