Improving Memory To Combat Long Term Effects Of Smoking Reeeffaa

Discussion in 'General' started by foreverwu94, May 26, 2013.

1. So ive been thinking, as much as I love the herb (and oh man do i love it :smoking: ), the long term effects of heavy use are kinda scaring me. Mainly the problems with memory. A shitty short term memory and
    slightly decreased cognitive abilities also in the short term, i can take those. But my memory, especially of my childhood and the past 19 years in general, has never been as good as id have liked, and unfortunately smoking this drug is not doing it any favors. 

I know there are ways of working out your brain to improve memory, just as the other parts of your brain can be strengthened by training. So would doing this get back any deficits in my memory abilities that smoking daily for years would create? 

I'm leaning towards yes, and its something I need to work on anyways, I mean for Christs sake I haven't read a book all the way through since high school, my mind is not as sharp as it should be. :smoke:

What do the blades think?

2. I dont really have memery loss when i blaze

3. Just because you cant remember 19 years ago dosent meen your having memery loss. Idk if anyone can remember 19 years ago

4. I can't comment as i've always had immaculate memory but you could try some games where you have to remember where a matching card is like in old maid.

5. #5 shaddytheman, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    Cannabis has a correlation to short term memory, not long term memory. Example: Friend 1 "Dude remember the time when you stuffed your face full of french fries?" Dude: "Since when?" Friend 1: "Dude, it was yesterday! LOL you must have super fried". Short term will be unconscious in forgetting what happened at that previous moment. Long term will be losing a vast store of memories, records, knowledge that you assimilated before. 

In this scientific source, it states that working memory maintenance contributes to long term memory. 
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16102232

Also I wonder if cognitive function contributes to this. Hmmm....