Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Impossible to stay focused on school if you use marijuana? Accused.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BloodLust, Aug 8, 2011.

1. I smoked every day for 4 years of college, graduated with a 3.5. I still smoke, and am getting my graduate degree in the spring. Listen, if you are studying something your passionate about and enjoy, you will not have a hard time in school, even if you decide to smoke.

Will power = good grades

2. I smoked all day everyday in high school.

Skipped classes pretty much everyday, dropped out and got my ged.

3. So is it the lacking of willpower or the marijuana that got you to drop out? :smoke:

4. My mom told me the same thing years ago...I told her I'd fail school sober, it doesn't matter.:cool:

5. It's definitely the person... smoking marijuana is the same amount of distraction as playing xbox is. If you have no work ethic and just get high all of the time instead of cracking down and doing the work, then yeah you'll fail. Same shit as if you don't crack down and just play xbox all of the time.

My grades in high school were affected more by World of Warcraft than marijuana. Actually, the benefits on my emotional well being from marijuana caused me to do much better in school than when I didn't smoke.

TL;DR No correlation.

6. Put school work before toking up. It got me through school with a 3.8 gpa.
    Best of luck brother.

7. Just because you smoke doesn't mean you can't stay focus on school. I know people that smoke ALL the time, even go to school baked, and still receive good grades. It depends on how willing you are to go and how focus you are on your school work.

8. He had willpower.

It's not easy skipping class. Lol. Trust me.

9. The way I look at school when im there is I think
    1.It's better to get the bullshit work done first, then mess around later
    You can fuck off whenever, but once you don't do the work you can't turn back time.

2. Try to view class as there is no reason to be there if your not going to do the work.
    3.Set small goals by when you want to get each piece of work done. It is easier to set small, reasonable goals rather than if you look at it as a huge project.

It is easy to get overwhelmed when you view the work as one big thing.
    4. Do homework in 1 hour increments, take a 10 minute break every hour.

Wait to get stoned until AFTER your work for the day is done. NEVER before.

10. I have a 3.8 gpa atm and smoke 4-5 times a week. In fact got an A on an advanced chemistry final last year while I had smoked a day before it.

11. Hell I smoked some sour d 10 minutes before my final and aced that shit

12. I smoke weed everyday and I get good grades. I like to smoke and then do my homework. Sometimes I blaze it and then I just have the urge to do homework. If you get used to doing your homework high you'll just start wanting to do it instead of making yourself do it. You just have to make sure you do what you need to do and you'll be fine. I'm sure you'll do great. :D

13. senior year i was smoking during study hall everyday in high school. Would be smokin blunts and be high till the end of the day. Ending up getting halfway decent grades and sometimes id be baked and just skip class a lot (actually that i did a lot of the times lmao) but ended up workin my ass off the last like 2 weeks and gettin my diploma. so yah it affected my work a bit, but i still got my shit together in the end.

14. I got crazy stoned every weekend.

I made Dean's List.

15. Both...
    I've always hated school. But, when I started smoking everyday, being in school was like torture.

Missing school was a huge pleasure for me. Which was a problem...

16. You can definitely let it distract you from school, I'm guilty of that. But you can control it, it's not like dope where you HAVE to leave class to go shoot up or something because you're going through withdrawals. Just smoke on weekends/after you get school shit done, then when you have good grades, show it to your mom while puffin a joint. :D

17. You'll remain focused from the wonderful Sensi, just be responsible and you'll accomplish your goals a lot easier, but you have to remember to take control of the weed, not the weed take control of you.

I also agree with most people on here that say to smoke after you've finished your studies, but it can work either way, depending on how it affects you mentally. I notice that when I smoke before I read or study, I become introspective, eased and very open-minded about it. Being that way makes everything I'm doing much more interesting and worthwhile. But like I said, weed affects everyone differently, especially when you take into consideration the differences in marijuana (genetics, strain, maturation, thc content).

18. Study before you smoke, and do your work when you recieve it, simple but can really make your grades a lot better

19. I have a 3.6 at my CSU (not saying much) and ive found the key is to smoke after you finish your work. Gives you motivation to get through it.

20. Hey Op it's sick that ur able to be positive and wanna accomplish something that I can tell you really want so just put everything u have in to it and know that one day it will be over and you'll have something really positive show show for it.

&

hey look at it this way proving ur mom wrong will just be icing on the cake!