Impose a Maximum Amount of Births law?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Shipwreck, Jun 9, 2011.

1. If we're running out of space in the world why isn't a law like this imposed?
    Such as you aren't able to have more than 3 children (multiple child births dont apply.)

Does it go against the constitution in any way at all?

2. lol constitution..

we don't use that anymore..

3. why do we need a law for everything, what happened to providing for yourself and family?

4. In these days and times (Especially when the US dollar is going to default soon) you would think people wouldn't have 4+ kids.

I kind of compare it to the animal shelter and pets.
    If you dont spay and neuter pets what ends up happening?
    An overpopulation of unwanted pets that has to either be adopted or put to sleep sooner or later.

I honestly think the only way to stabilize is to create a law until population drops to XX%

5. To answer your questions. We aren't running out of space in the world and this most certainly would violate the Constitution. It would be up to the states, and the people (like pretty much everything is supposed to be but the feds disregard). Gov doesn't own us... ;)

6. they found another use for it...
    [​IMG]

7. Natural selection works too.

8. oh yes...let's do what China has done for decades...

and when we have a shortage of females due to their being mysteriously "still born", and we have a surplus of males, we can import some of those Russian brides...those crafty commies had this all figured out...:laughing::laughing::laughing::poke::bolt:

9. People should be allowed to have as many children as they want assuming they can afford to love and support them. And when we start getting overpopulated, there's always war.

10. We really don't want to be going down this road, it's a slippery slope from limiting the number of children per family to outright banning of certain people having kids at all. What's next, no children for people who are mentally handicapped? No children for people who are poor?

When you start to limit reproductive rights you start down the road of fascism. And if you want to see if this actually works, look at China in the 80's and 90's. Remember in most areas they were limited to ONE child per family and that lead to massive killing of baby girls who were perceived as weaker than the boys - and now you have a virtual generation of young men in China who will never get married because they outnumber women by a huge ratio.

The key is education, and teaching people to utilize their OWN judgement as to the number of children they have. For example, my wife and I are done with one child. We do not intend on having another (of course accidents do happen, but even still). We planned the one we have and we're done. We also know that financially we cannot afford more than one child.

11. ^^

well said..

and yeah what happens if someone breaks this law and they have more kids than allowed?

12. So basically, the only way to solve the problems are for the people in Washington to actually want to make change in this nation?
    Fuck.

Well and educations lol.

13. I agree. I think overpopulation might become a huge problem, if it isn't already. I think the Earth can support more people than there currently are, but there are also more people than we are currently able to support.
    But the way to deal with this isn't tell people to stop having children. Reproduction is one of the most basic biological drives, you can't ban it. What you can do is discourage people from having too many children. Education is a good start, forming a world where 1 or 2 children is the ideal would be a great outcome.

14. Hey, I'm NOT saying that overpopulation isn't a huge problem, we're going to have SEVEN BILLION people on this planet in a few short years, and that's only a few years removed from having six billion...look at the numbers:

World population estimates milestones
    Population
    (in billions)\t1\t2\t3\t4\t5\t6\t7\t8\t9
    Year\t1804\t1927\t1960\t1974\t1987\t1999\t2011\t2025-30\t2045–50
    Years elapsed\t-\t123\t33\t14\t13\t12\t12\t15-20\t20–25

In 1960 we had roughly 3 billion people on the planet, and it took us from the dawn of human kind to get to that point. We DOUBLED it in 39 years. That's a massive amount of growth. Think about it, the first 3 billion took us several thousand years to amass, the second 3 billion, only about 40. YIKES!

15. [​IMG]

16. Unless of course we all pay taxes to keep every last retard alive...

17. Yeah I'm glad I wasn't born 2 generation later because they're going to have to face some serious challenges.

18. Do it for the children, mothafuckas!

[​IMG]

19. No, the US shouldn't impose a "maximum amount of births" law. The government telling people how many kids they can have is ridiculous. It's comparable to the government telling people what they can and can't consume.

And yes, the global population will reach 7 billion people this year unless there is some massive nuclear war or some other apocalyptic scenario.