Impeachment Watch

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scurfer, May 13, 2017.

1. There is only one way to impeach an openly corrupt, inept, incompetent, grossly compromised, Russia-loving, crotch-groping, globally loathed sitting president, and that’s through an act of congress.

Correction: A functional, autonomous, fair-minded congress, one largely populated by thoughtful, well-educated representatives of deep integrity, each willing to go to the mat for the sake of the country and the survival of democracy itself.

You can see the problem. We have no such thing. The Republican party which owns congress right now, is the most grossly power-mad, shamelessly cold-blooded, morally laughable in American history, is chugging Trump’s gross authoritarianism like a vampire sucks blood from a dying child.

This is why it doesn’t really matter, not yet anyway, that a handful of Republicans have expressed moderate-to-melodramatic levels of outrage at Trump’s shocking, brutal firing of FBI director James Comey. Sure, McCain, Flake, Burr are all annoyed, a little mad, might have a bit of sway here and there, make themselves look good. But Mitch McConnell has never seen an opportunity for molesting the American democratic system he doesn’t like. He won’t dare urge his Lord of the Flies-like gang of terrified trolls and rich white guys to take any true action.
    SF Gate 5/11/17

"I’ve spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey’s firing. I just can’t do it."

— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) 5/10/17

• Like Like x 5
  2. Trump gets impeached and Pence takes over. America has it's head up it's ass.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Keep beleivi g the fake news wake up and think for your self

Comey is a snake in the swamp

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. So you only accept Congressional authority if it's the "right" Congress?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I don't think being an inexperienced idiot is considered a high crime or misdemeanor.

I just don't see what would force the Republicans to start proceedings.

Stupid tweets and trolling won't get it done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. How does obstruction of justice grab you?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. It's funny he points at the Republicans for being corrupt and power hungry but conveniently ignores all of the Democrats who are the same way. The Democrats acted the same exact way when they were in control under Obama. Obama could do no wrong in their eyes. That's partisanship for ya.

Also what is this "democracy" people keep speaking of? America isn't a democracy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Time for a tolerance break?

11. Not enough to get the Republicans to start proceedings.
    The fbi is on record saying that any investigation wasn't hindered in any way.

I'm not against impeachment at all, but it has to be a serious crime, not just him doing stupid shit that we disagree with.
    We can vote him and those that defend him out of office, but impeach is a little extreme at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. An Irish bookmaker has impeachment probability at 60%

I agree they don't have enough to do it at the moment, but at the pace we're going...

• Like Like x 1
  13. They just need to get him under oath in front of Congress for an hour. He's bound to tell a few lies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. That will never happen. Lets wait and let the FBI surprise us with their findings

15. I highly doubt there will be anything linking trump directly to the Russians as far as anything to do with the election. Something would have been leaked by now.. They've been investigating this since July. There won't be enough to file criminal charges against the potus.

Flynn will be the sacrificial lamb in the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Flynn was shopping a deal for immunity not too long ago. Something tells me he wants to bring a few people down with him.

What I like is that Trump is making enemies out of people in the FBI and the media. The very people whose job it is to uncover news and investigate things. I also like that constituents are in riot mode when their Republican Congressmen come back and do town halls.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Now it's a sacrifice to fire an agent of a foreign government from his job as the natl security advisor to the president?

18. Follow the money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I can't seem to understand what the obsession with Russia is ..

either way, a US-russia alliance isn't going to last very long. Two different worlds .. it's like pairing two dominant/competitive personalities with each other, they'll eventually clash.