iMovie help? please

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by bto4, Oct 9, 2011.

1. hey gc apple support is closed today and I need to make a slideshow for my grandmothers funeral for tomorrow :(

how would I get an iMovie production to continuously play on a DVD so it Just keeps restarting...know what I mean?
    thanks for the help!

2. Well, first off I don't think I'd use Imovie, I'd go with iPhoto for a slide show.

BUT the easiest thing to do is use Toast Titanium when you burn the slide show - there's a feature that allows you to hard code that into a burn.

3. [quote name='"WildWill"']Well, first off I don't think I'd use Imovie, I'd go with iPhoto for a slide show.

BUT the easiest thing to do is use Toast Titanium when you burn the slide show - there's a feature that allows you to hard code that into a burn.[/quote]

is that free?

4. Toast is not free according to Roxio's website.

I don't have a Mac so I have no idea if it's free or not, but I know Apple has a program called iDVD that is basically designed for exactly what you want to do. Except for the looping. As far as I know DVD players do not support any such function. You will need to simply "copy/paste" your own loop over and over until fill the DVD to capacity so you get as many loops as possible before having to restart.

5. [quote name='"Fëanor"']Toast is not free according to Roxio's website.

I don't have a Mac so I have no idea if it's free or not, but I know Apple has a program called iDVD that is basically designed for exactly what you want to do. Except for the looping. As far as I know DVD players do not support any such function. You will need to simply "copy/paste" your own loop over and over until fill the DVD to capacity so you get as many loops as possible before having to restart.[/quote]

okay, thanks man

6. No problem. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I know it's tough being the one to make the slideshow; been there before. But when the video is playing you will give a few people a warm feeling in the bottom of their heart ;)

7. [quote name='"Fëanor"']No problem. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I know it's tough being the one to make the slideshow; been there before. But when the video is playing you will give a few people a warm feeling in the bottom of their heart ;)[/quote]

thanks man...appreciate It