Immortality

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by windchime159, Dec 5, 2010.

1. for all those who believe you have a soul..

you guys know what that really means?.. that we have a soul? it means were immortal guys

were immortals

isnt that fucking cool? :smoke:

2. That is right my friend! We are gods and goddesses! Our powers are limitless...you just have to know how to tap into them. :)

- peace, joy, love, and light

3. are you your soul?

4. Does the soul shine like a beautiful piece of jade? Or is it merely just a chip in a concrete road?

5. i sold my soul, and math book, for Jeff Carr's chocolate milk back in grade 6.

6. Achilles, Socrates, Descartes, Shaka Zulu, Mansa Musa. Those are immortals. Anything else is utter bull

7. ;)i do live forever evolution has hooked me up with this sweet sweet shit called DNA and since have brought forth four heirs!
    SWEET HUH!:cool:

8. #9 NetG, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010
    I am immortal...

I have...inside me...the blood of KINGS

I have no rival...no man can be my equal

lol

sorry couldn't resist. such a queen :)

9. Actually what is utter bull is you proclaiming that you get to choose who is and isn't 'immortal' ;)

(And Achilles probably didn't even exist, at least not as portrayed in any of the old myths)

10. i will be conscious forever
    because, i believe it

11. I like to believe we're (individually) immortal, however that thought always makes me feel far too narcissistic. And the theory itself is not only outrageous, but entirely unprovable.

But I can't help but feel, due to our relation to time, that we (individually) experience the entirety of our lives regardless of what takes place in it, and there after in whatever takes place after life.

12. hey its either im immortal or im gonna be dead gone and non existant one day

so best case im immortal worst case i dont have to worry about not being immortal

13. personally, it'd be worst case for me if I went immortal. seriously, after some period of time, wouldn't you just say, fuck everything. I've seen, done, touched, sniffed, heard, tasted and fucked it all. what now ?

oh fuck, I still have 2078271 billion years before 1/2980918239128301928389th of my immortal life is up.

14. fuck..

15. WTF that is a looooooooooong time :eek:

16. over the summer, i smoked salvia and i had a bad trip, but salvia is fucked in the first place
    i felt like i could remember the 'past lives' of my 'immortal soul'.... i didn't like the feeling. I felt like my soul was stuck in some sort of repeating cycle. i could see myself, the summation of my being, in parallel planes of existence. each shade of my soul was getting closer and closer to pure light. but at the same time i felt like i would never reach that goal...

i dont want to be immortal.

17. Do highlander rules apply? Can there be only one? What if when your soul is released theres another one there waitin n before you have a chance hes like gotcha bitch n chop -.- I'm so not gonna make it in this post body highlander soul land :(