Immigants and Illegals are dangerous.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Slick21, Nov 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I'd love to see you show me the last time a Swede or Russian brought over a strain of syphilis not seen since Edward VI

I don't remember ever hearing about that, maybe you could enlighten me.

Meanwhile, the plague and other goodies are cropping up in these other populations.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

2. Good try. I was actually asking you. So, back over the net.

3. That's exactly it, though. Countries have different cultures, resources and standards of health care, which in turn have a huge effect on how people behave, are motivated, and what they can do. People are not people all across the globe, man, that's only said by people who haven't travelled and seen. Americans have a different view on guns than we do in Norway. In Japan, they have a different attitude to corporate loyalty than they do in the Bahamas. In Saudi Arabia a woman in a burka is considered knowing her place in an honorable way, in France, she's considered oppressed and self-debasing. The exact reverse for a woman in a sexy dress.

Our world is enormously diverse, and those diversities sometimes clash. Let me give you an example to demonstrate what I mean:

What would happen to Nigeria if millions of doctors, engineers, teachers and philanthropists - all with lots of money - moved into the country?
    Conversely, what would happen to Nigeria if you sent in millions of uneducated, unskilled, sickly persons - all with no money - moved into the country?

There are so many more factors in these things than skincolor. And reducing them to that completely destroys the discussion we need to have to be able to improve the lot of all these people, as well as our own societies. There are a lot of people I don't respect - and wont listen to - because they've aggressively diluted necessary discussions with dehumanizing accusations, such as racist. It's a strategy that gives more Trumps, not less.

• Like Like x 4
  4. As an example to some of the other input here, for the record....The above is a great post, furnished with a good analogy. I`ll re-read it, and answer it the best way I can.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. US soldiers were sent to protect capitalist interests in Siberia during the Russian revolution. Capitalists also funded the Communists the soldiers were sent to protect said interests from. This is how international finance, business and politics work. Has always worked.
    You aren't teaching me anything new here.

6. Chicken..I spent 2k getting my dog to Hawaii. Animal immigration to Hawaii is taken to the most extreme level to keep out disease. If you don't follow the rules it could be a life changer when punished.

I was traveling to Canada with the wife and the dog and didn't bring the medical records for the dog and they gave me the boot. If we have to keep the dogs in check to keep the Hawaians and Canadians happy we better look at human diseases coming across borders at the same level of severity.

Its a no brainer really...imo

• Like Like x 3
  7. What were the US Military sent in to defend in WW2?
    Capitalist Interests?
    Did you even research the funding of the Nazi War Machine?

I think I AM actually teaching you new stuff. Your Fore-Fathers were sacrificial lambs, bless them.

Sent into war, to shoot down or destroy machinery to stop the advance, and help the Allies?

Whilst rich, fat Americans laughed and made fucking millions whilst still funding the enemy. Capitalism eh?

I just feel deeply sad that they died in order to preserve it. YOUR family members died/were wounded with an American Uniform on, Defending the US....

Whilst US millionaires were pumping so much money into improving /helping the enemy.

Irony? They still run the Nation. But Capitalism eh? :coffee:

8. "Research has found that immigrants – including the poor, uneducated ones coming from south of the border — have a big positive impact on the economy over the long run, bolstering the profitability of American firms, reducing the prices of some products and services by providing employers with a new labor source and creating more opportunities for investment and jobs. Giovanni Peri, an economist at the University of California at Davis, estimated that the wave of immigrants that entered the United States from 1990 to 2007 increased national income per worker by about $5,400 a year on average, in 2007 dollars. He also concluded that the wave had a small positive impact on the average wage of American workers, by lifting the overall economy. If immigrants hurt anyone, it was the previous cohort of immigrants, with whom they most directly compete in the labor market.

These conclusions may seem to fly in the face of the laws of supply and demand. But they are not quite so odd. They can become obvious, in fact, once we take into account the response of American companies, and workers, to the inflows of cheap foreign labor.

The belief that immigration would simply displace American workers relies on the assumption that employers would do nothing but replace their costly domestic labor force with cheap imports. But that’s not typically what happens. For one thing, immigrants and domestic workers are not identical. Even the least-educated Americans are likely to be more fluent in English — better at talking with bosses or communicating with customers. When a contractor in Fresno expands into roofing, it will not just need a bunch of cheap immigrant roofers. It will also need an American supervisor and maybe an extra clerk.

Faced with a new, different pool of workers, companies often invest to reap the higher profits that the labor allows. Contractors, for instance, will be able to take on projects that would not have been profitable paying higher wages to domestic workers – like the roofing example in Fresno. This provides new opportunities for immigrants and for more highly paid domestic workers alike.

Mr. Peri and Chad Sparber of Colgate University found that American workers in states with large shares of less-educated immigrants gravitate toward occupations like cashiers and bank tellers, waiters or sales floor clerks, which require more communications skills. Foreigners, in turn, stick to manual tasks and physical labor. By encouraging this specialization and capital investment, immigration contributes to productivity growth.

In other words, immigration can produce domestic jobs. Restaurants are much less common in Norway than the United States because Norway lacks the cheap labor — making a dinner out in Oslo prohibitively expensive. In many New York restaurants, the American waiters and hosts owe their jobs to the underpaid illegal immigrants in the kitchen, whose low wages allow the restaurant to exist. The vast agricultural industry in the Central Valley of California might not exist without cheap immigrant farm workers who make it profitable.

There are victims of immigration. Immigrants can displace domestic workers – before business investment starts rising and creating new jobs. This is particularly notable in economic downturns, when demand and business investment are depressed. Some displaced workers may not be able to fit in the reconfigured labor market, even if new investments kick in and the economy as a whole benefits. A 50-year-old American janitor with no high school degree may find it hard to make the transition to another job when immigrants move into the building maintenance business.

This dynamic potentially causes a small negative impact on the wages of less-skilled workers – but it’s also possible that this impact is positive. A study by Mr. Peri and Gianmarco Ottaviano of Bocconi University in Milan concluded that the immigration wave into the United States from 1990 to 2006 changed the wages of American workers with no high school degree by somewhere from minus 0.1 percent to plus 0.6 percent.

But over the long term, most less-skilled American workers are likely to benefit. Immigrant workers, in fact, may help their American peers resist the forces of globalization and technological progress that have been walloping the American middle class.

Those nostalgic for strawberry fields harvested by well-paid Americans ignore the fact that without the cheap foreigners, there might not be American strawberry fields. Chances are, it would be cheaper to import the strawberries. When the bracero program ended in the 1960s, tomato growers in California responded to the sudden shortage of Mexican immigrant farm workers by deploying a new mechanical harvester and a tomato that could be cut by machine.

These days, the problem of low-wage immigration seems academic. Since the financial crisis in 2009, poor immigrants from Latin America have been mostly leaving the United States, unable to find a decent job here. American workers might want them back. “If some firms don’t expand because this labor isn’t there,” Mr. Peri says, “they will create less jobs for native workers.”

@VikingToker

I will research further to cement home some of the above. Still on it tho`.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. You going to cite that?

• Like Like x 2

10. and just how does the term '' RACISM apply to this situation ? people are getting i'll at the word racism threw about with no meaning,,,,,the U.S. is allready a blending pot of different cultures,, to deny brown skin people the right to enter, based on thier race is ludicrious,,,your arguements are becoming weak... because common-sense will prevail. and the more you try to defend them the more your arguement lacks reason,,

the same reason NANCY PELOSI didnt want to talk while the cameras were rolling,, and suggested to the president that they talk privatlly,,,,and why ?

because she knew her hand would be showed.... and the public would know what they allready know... that the dems are weak on border security,

11. i guess you just dont get it do you..... every since the ALAMO...we true americans,, who claimed this country by conquest,,, have had a grudge against the mexicans or anyone for that matter south of our border,,,many well known men,,, men that shaped our country died at the alamo... and the phrase of the time before charging into battle was '' REMEMBER THE ALAMO''..........yes the country was so pissed at the mexicans,, that we to this day havent forgot...

and us klan card carrying members,, have to try harder to reassure ourselves that we are still the true racist's.... since the word is used so commonlly these days...but the era of the white man being the dominant group of racists has changed over the years... the common day pussified white man feels guilt over thier past,,,but thiers a race in america that is taking over the racist dominant culture,,,can you tell me which race that is ??????

so i tell you again,, the coomon u.s. citizen dont give a shit about these immigrants, but they want them to do it legally.. and get a health check-up....and make sure they aint criminals,,,,, i believe the u.s. has enough of them allready,,, our big cities are ridden with crime and murder,,,and as far as i know... norway or holland isnt making METH,,COKE,,OR HEROIN,,PHENTANOL E,T,C, all of the heavy drugs that kill people every day are coming from SOUTH OF THE BORDER....... thier are more reasons to keep them out,, than they are for letting them in

12. Are you going to answer the fucking question or not? Jesus H Christ

13. So you invoke automation as an argument FOR illegals? Hahahahaha!!!!

Holy fuck.

And wages have been going up $5400 a yr average? Wow, that's new to me.....and everyone else because it's an absolute pile of bullshit.

Let me guess, you believe in equality AND diversity at the same time.

Just think about that for a second, go on, I know it's hard, but just do it.

14. Jesus fucking Christ. YEAH. I FUCKING KNOW.

I already know about capitalists funding the Nazis, just like they funded the Commies.

In fact, some of the major financiers of their party early on were Jews LMAO!!!

Again. Nothing new here, pal.

What. Is. Your. Fucking. Point?

You seem to think I am a pro-capitalist or something lol! At best I support the free market, nothing like this mess today.

And both my grandfathers survived the war. Both highly distinguished men who fought for the interests of capitalists and Commies alike. They were duped. I get it. I've been saying it for years. So what?

15. Demographically replace us as long as it's legal.
    Quick death or slow death? I choose what's behind door #3

16. Your moms illegal and dangerous

There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night -Jerry Garcia

17. Sick burn bro.

19. OG

There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night -Jerry Garcia

20. Why would more people want to go there without a welfare state?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app