I'm well on my way!!! [Floro Grow]

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by djnecro, Jun 4, 2007.

1. I found a cabinet at Value Village ($19, not too shabby ;)) and got some lights

4x27w daylight @ 6500k and 1x42w & 2700k for a total of 150w and roughly 9200 lumens

The interior of my cab is 29"x15"x44" giving me a shade over 3sq feet and therefore about 3000 lumens per sq foot.

I know higher (around 5000psf is my goal) is better so I plan on adding multiple side lights with floro tubes, and during flowering I will be adding some red Luxeon Star led's to boost the red spectrum to insane levels.

I currently have 2 plants about 8 inches tall, I'm planning to start LST'ing them today as I messed up and most of the lower branches had to be removed.. I got home way too late from work and they were both shriveled up with only a little new growth still alive. I was planning on watering when I got home, but I got delayed by like 12 hours and as a result nearly killed my little (hopefully)girls...

I did learn my lesson, and plan on using weight to guide my watering schedules instead of time and soil dampness...

I hope to keep a little bit of a log here but alas no pics until i can afford a camera which wont happen for a while due to the grow sapping my cash :D

Should I think about scrog'ing the two or just stick with some major LST? I would like to get about 4 ounces from two plants in a small place like that. Since it's my first time i know i wont come close to 2 ounces per, but it is my goal.

Thanks in advance for any responses! :)

2. bumpz0r!

3. Yeah, I know this thread is kind of useless without pics... but alas, I'm broke and can only borrow a camera every once in a while...

I will do my best to get some sooner rather than later...