Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im trying the light bulb vape.. quick Q

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sx420, Jan 18, 2010.

1. I cleaned out the bulb and etc like im supposed to but then I saw this hard green looking, almost mineral substance on the inside *pics below*..

My question is, What is that? and Is it safe to vape out of it with that stuff?

pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. woah, mine didnt look like that. try using a different type of bulb, and/or opening it differently. it doesnt look safe, but thats just what i think. does it smell? if it looks unhealthy, dont try it...

3. Well, my dad is an electrician so i just grabbed a random bulb..
    You're right it doesn't look healthy, but I was thinking maybe
    it's glue?:confused:

4. if it doesnt smell, taste or anything like that, and if you dont heat it up in some way for it to "melt" or decompose (yucky fumes) it, i think it should be fine. but i wouldnt risk it.

5. find a bulb that is all glass, no nothing else

6. radon is an odorless tasteless gas that can potentially kill a full grown human being in the correct amounts.

carbon monoxide as well. I say, use a different bulb, or buy one of the nifty little glass pipes used to vape weed from right here on gc. they require a flame, but they last much longer, and they are safe. I believe they're the same price as a regular ol' bowl/spoon.

7. it looks like caulk

8. "vapping" out of a light bulb is stupid man. Especially the bulbs you use salt to clean it out. What makes you think you actually got everything out of there?

You should just ebay a whip vapo - You can get them like 50 bucks, they are nice.

9. could i just use a regular test tube?

10. I know that it's stupid, but I really wanna try a vape and that seemed easy.

11. Use a different bulb if you can, I don't know but if I came across that situation I would probably say fuck it and use it anyway.

12. lol yeah, im feelin like just givin it a quick try. I prolly shouldn't though..

13. #14 not1337, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010

Um, that says it has lead oxide in it, I wouldn't smoke out of that.

Imagine if some of it falls down and you end up vaping it :eek:

14. whole year nothings happned eh? Thats the type shit you be feeling few years down the road. Light bulb vapes to me seem insufficient at best and dangerous at worst. I wouldnt recomend it. But i know how it is once you get an idea in your head so go on and let us know how it was :smoking:

15. test tubes usually have a pretty thick glass, you could use one, but it would take a while for the flame to heat the bud sufficiently, you'd probably just end up really pissed off and wishing you just used a spoon.

but yes, essentially you could use any glass container, the problem is just how long you have to heat it for, and weather or not you could hold it while you're heating it.