I'm tired of guys not treating their women right...

Discussion in 'General' started by OpenMindFields, Mar 11, 2012.

1. I'd probably never hit a woman... Ever

2. I don't think anyone should ever be hit regardless of sex. However, I do want to toss out there that a lot of ladies wanna date the bad boy because of some weird adventurous vibe we get from them. Well it turns out you get what ya ask for sometimes.

3. Women need to learn to choose the right men, it's partly their fault for being so damn stupid. There's been so many situations were I could have made a girl the happier person alive, and treated her like no other man; that being said the girls in some of the situations never gave me the chance i deserved and ended up in a relationship which ultimately failed with heartbreak. Women can't choose. They suck at thinking logically. And they are emotional masochists.

For the current time being, I've given up on love for that very reason. And yet another player is born....

4. They have that shit coming.

5. She's just lucky buddy doesn't know how to throw worth shit, or he might have really hurt her.

6. Clearly you've never experienced some of the dumb people in the days of highschool. There are some pretty discusting women that i would probably not hit, but i wouldn't mind one bit it someone else beat the shit out of them. I don't think anyone should be hit or injured by others, but some people just don't have any damn right to be wasting my, and every other civilized human being's oxygen...

Sorry for the rant, i just have a particular someone in mind who GRINGDS MY GEARS.

7. wanna hear a joke? womens rights lol

8. All these battered women and Ive been eating the plain ones.

9. #189 Olesmoky, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    Skip to the bottom for a summary and final explanation of my view on the topic.

First post I talk about sexist jokes online. I also say that women shouldn't feel like they are immune to being hit by a man.

Never in this post do I defend the man in the video, nor do I insinuate that it's okay to beat up women. I've simply said that people should recognize that their actions will have consequences.

Second post I point out that it's not just women who react emotionally, but men as well. I go on to say that neither man nor woman should hit another person without expecting to be hit back. I also reiterate my point about women feeling immune to being hit back by a man.

Once again I haven't defended the man in the video. Nor have I said that it's okay to beat up a woman. I've simply said that people should recognize that their actions will have consequences.

Third post I for the third time explain my point about women feeling like they can hit a man and not be hit back.

In this post I go on to say that restraining a woman, or walking away is what should be done. I do add that nobody should hit somebody without thinking they might get hit back, again.

In this post I point out that a punch is a lot different than beating up a woman. This however is not me defending the man, it's simply differentiating hitting once, and beating somebody up. I'm in no way advocating the abuse of women, or men for that matter.

Fourth post... I've now had to explain my stance on immunity for the fourth time. You shouldn't attack unless you want to be attacked. It's very straight forward.

I'm not defending the man in the video, nor am I insisting that men should beat up women.

Fifth post... I reply to a poster whom for the most part agrees with me.

I again reiterate my point that you don't strike unless you want to be struck. This is not defending the man in the video, nor am I saying it's okay to beat up women.

Sixth post here I speak of the basic insticts men have to protect women.

In this post I point out that in extreme circumstances it's not out of line for a man to strike a woman. After that, I point out that even with that opinion I would have a hard time not stepping in if I saw a man hit a woman regardless of what may have happened prior.

Still haven't defended the man in the video, and at this point you could say I've said it's okay to hit a woman... but again and I can't stress this enough. ONLY in extreme circumstances. This does not mean she made my PB & J and didn't cut the crusts off. I'm saying a situation where she's threatening your life, your children's lives, etc... EXTREME.

Seventh post I've pointed out that we don't really know much about the situation.

This isn't defending the man either. Nor is it saying men should beat up women. I'm simply suggesting that we don't know the full story, so making extreme judgements is rather silly. We should try and remain as objective as possible.

Eighth post... I point out that two men fighting isn't always fair either. I note that I'm a rather small man.

I again point out that we don't know hardly anything about the situation. That however is not me defending the man in the video, I'm simply saying we don't know all of the details.

Still haven't defended the man. I also haven't said men should go around beating up women like most of my responders have inferred from my posts.

Ninth post... I speak of people having a blanket idea of "It's never okay" and how silly that is. If a woman was going to kill you, I assure you that you would hit her.

I've said again that in most cases hitting a woman is the wrong thing to do. I've for the sixth or seventh time now said that women shouldn't feel okay hitting a man just because society says he can't swing back.

I've said this many times, but if you hit somebody the first thing that crosses your mind should be that they are going to hit you back.

I have in 9 posts yet to actually defend the man in the video. I have also yet to say I hit women, or that it's okay to go around beating them up for little reasons like sandwiches or because they slapped you. I've said it already that if a woman punches your shoulder or slaps you that you should probably walk away... but that does not change the fact that women shouldn't feel like they can hit a man and get away with it.

Still haven't defended the man or insisted that men should beat up women for simple things. Although it's clear that's how people are interpreting it.

Tenth post... I point out that nobody should be hitting anybody... but if they do they should be ready to be hit back.

Still not defending the man in the video or saying men should hit women. I'm simply saying, and please understand this as it's quite simple: If you hit something, you should be ready to get hit back. This does not mean that if a woman slaps a man that he should feel good about decking her in the face. It just means that she shouldn't go around hitting men feeling like they will be nice to her for doing so.

Eleventh post...

I've simply said that our country is doing better than the majority of the world as far as treating women goes. This one should be obvious, but I'm not defending the man or being a proponent of beating women.

Twelfth post here...

I've replied to a video where somebody was stoned to death for being gay. Once again just pointing out that America is doing pretty well in how they treat women relative to the rest of the world.

Yet again not defending the man, nor am I saying women should get beat up.

Thirteenth post...

I've pointed out that most of the outrageous reasons people have for hitting women online are jokes. Like she didn't put the right kind of cheese on a sandwich... That is a joke, not a serious response.

Still not defending the man in the video... and I'm still not claiming to be a fan of abusing women.

Fourteenth post... Shit is getting old, please understand already!

Notice how in this post I actually point out that nobody is defending the guy in the video. We simply want the point to get across that attacking somebody may and often does result in being attacked.

Fifteenth post...

Once again I've had to say that you can't go around hitting people and expect to be treated like a princess for it. Still not defending the man in the video, and for the fifteenth time, I'm not saying it's okay to beat up women.

Sixteenth post...

I've now gone to insults because I've been called a woman beater plenty of times by incompetent people.

I've again said that the man didn't choose the best option, and that what he did wasn't right. For the millionth time I'm saying that you don't strike unless you want to be struck. Plain and simple.

Still not defending the man or saying men should beat up women.

Seventeenth post... Again I've gone to insults after being called a woman beater.

Still haven't defended the man or said men should beat up women.

Nineteenth and final post aside from this one...

Still not defending the guy, still not saying men should beat up women.

Summary:

I apologize for getting snippy and rude with people... but when people are failing to understand your points, and as a result claiming you think it's okay to beat up women for silly reasons, it gets frustrating.

I said it in a few of my posts that I think the way the man reacted was wrong. I've said he should of walked away or held her instead.

The point is this... If you hit somebody you might get hit back. So women shouldn't hit men, and men shouldn't hit women either. Nobody should be hitting anybody... but when it does happen people should be prepared for the result.

This is as clearly as I can explain my view on the topic:

The man in the video was out of line. I already said this, but people seem to have missed that part in their anger and inferrences.

I personally feel that a man should only strike a woman if his life, or somebody else's life is in danger.

That being said... For the trillionth time; If you hit somebody they will not be buying you a cuddly teddy bear. They will most likely respond in a violent way just as you did. So everybody, man or woman needs to think about what they're doing before they do it. Nobody should resort to violence if it can be avoided, which is 99% of the time.

I apologize for typos as I just wrote an entire book...

10. #190 Messiah Decoy, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012

I just said she shouldn't hit people and expect to get away with it.

That doesn't mean it's okay to punish her with a man-punch to the face.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

11. I apologize for previously insulting your intelligence sir or mam... and I agree with this post. Like I said in my huge quotation of my own posts... I don't think what this guy did was right.

Two wrongs definitely don't make a right.

I just have a problem with "never hit a woman" because in reality we should be saying, "never hit anybody". There is almost no situation where violence actually improves the situation.

12. Damn I can't read anymore of this thread (got to page 9).

Too many damn white knights, like usual...hey maybe 1 day you will get laid in all that shiny armor, probably not.. Look, I think it is wrong to hit a women but trying to argue you should NEVER hit one is fucking stupid.

You are a human being and are responsible for your actions, male or female.

13. I was reading some of this thread before watching the movie.. and I thought that maybe the girl was really getting in the guy's face and trying to provoke a fight..

Imagine my surprise when it shows a woman in her house, attempting to protect her property, and getting decked by someone twice her size..

I agree that in some cases such as self-defense its necessary to use violence, but it seems totally uncalled for in this scenario... over a fucking playstation SMH

14. [quote name='"iweartshirts"']If it's the man hitting the woman or the woman hitting the man, it's not okay either way.[/quote]

Exactly