I'm thinking of taking a road trip west

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbIsGood, May 3, 2009.

1. What do you think?

I wish to visit Seattle and some other places in Washington, as well as Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado and several other states out west. It would be a long trip, its 2800 miles to Seattle from down here in the SE, but I think it'd be worth it. A buddy and me and my girlfriend and one of her friends ar ethinking of just taking a van out there, maybe an ounce or 2 or weed and just take off for about 20+ or so days.

I think it'd be fun, personally I think the NW of America is the most beautiful part of the country.

2. Agreed. Having traveled all over the world myself, I love the beauty of the PNW

3. Road trips are awesome. I want to take a road trip to Argentina.

4. pretty awesome over here, make sure to bring your hiking boots and peep the Cascades

and a camera, awesome visuals

here in Seattle we can see mountains in like every direction from the city

5. Yeah, as a kid (young young kid) I lived about an hour from Seattle, I don't remember much but from what I do and the hundreds of pictures my parents took, its the most beautiful place I've seen yet in America (rivaled only by maybe in Hawaii, which was absolutely amazing, but those are 2 different kinds of beauty).

6. Make Portland Oregon A stop!

7. Yeah Ive got that on the list of cities to visit. Las Vegas is another haha, anymore suggestions?

8. Montana's got some pretty cool places to drive through too man.

Sounds like a sweet ass trip. Been to the NW once to bring a car back but it was awesome

9. yea man if you want some awesome sights head up through wyo into montana then head west through idaho to washington. theres some crazy mountain roads with amazing views. and high speed limits, chill cops for the most part

10. Do it.

I live in Portland btw :p

11. The Northwest is awesome, but don't forget about the southwest! The most beautiful thing to do (in my opinion) is watch the sun set over monument valley.

12. I did a roadtrip out west solo about a year and a half ago. I would have to say it was the best experience of my life so far ( im 23). I mainly stuck to the national parks and did not cross the rockies. Make it a point to visit Yellowstone, a road trip out west wouldnt be complete without going there. I didnt go to colorado, but I am sure its a great place. In total i drove about 5000 miles and spent about $1500 and this was when gas was a bit more expensive. I would reccomend it to anyone who has the means to do it. Solo or with good friends it is well worth the time and money spent.

Edit: I spent 23 nights camped every night but 2.

13. Going through Montana sounds pretty sweet, I'm a sucker for the mountains/mountain views, haha.

14. i live in the northwest and id recommend taking a route sorta like this

def drive through yellowstone and idaho until you get to seattle.
    from seattle go south to portland, then lincoln city/newport oregon,
    then go check out arcata cali (humboldt) its crazy down there

from there head to san fran, the most amazing city in the us

DO IT

15. go to moab. fuck yea, go to moab.

i just got back with 2 friends of mine this week. we went camping in the mountains and would come down for biking in the day.

so much fucking fun.

DOO IT!

16. Haha that sounds fucking awesome man. Hopefully it will turn out good if I end up doing it (only restriction is money...hopefully that wont be a problem).

17. Yea MOAB was awesome and is right next to two awesome parks, arches and canyonlands.

18. YES! come out west man!

ill see ya in Denver ;):wave:

seriously, the NW has some of the best landscapes in the Nation; Yosemite, Yellowstone, Oregon/Washington.. same with the SW with Moab and the Grand Canyon. you will love it :smoking:

19. Haha I'm getting all pumped up thinking about it, it'll be fucking great lol.

If I end up coming I should meet up with some of you folks on GC and smoke a bowl or 2 of some SE weed and we'll see how it compares lol:p:smoking:

20. fat Western US sesh!

:laughing:

yeah man that sounds great. you will have a blast, i love road trips like that. :D :metal: