I'm thinking about buying a Wii.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Twist3d, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Is it a good console for chilling and playing games while stoned?

I'm a PC gamer, I just got a job and I noticed wii is pretty cheap these days, so I'm considering getting it to smoke a few bowls after work, chill and play.

Is it worth? What games you guys recommend? My friend just told me I can modify it and download tons of games.

Thanks!

2. wii s suck imo

3. If you do, keep in mind that they just released a new Wii in November, so new games won't be available for the old system. That said, I think Wii's are a lot of fun.

4. Yeah thats why I wanna buy a Wii because they are cheaper these days because of Wii u :p

5. get wii, mod it, enjoy old school games for days.

6. I guess you cant play pirated games online right?

Its not too important for me because I have my pc for online games tho :p

7. whateeevs, i've got both but i like playing multi on the wii because it doesn't glitch as bad.

do whatever you want with it dude, just making a suggestion :p

8. Thanks man I know :D I really want to modify my Wii, I cant be buying legit games... Online games wont work right?

Is it a good console to play games while stoned? :p

9. nah, i can still play online. you can get some pretty sweet hacked version of games. Mario Kart Black comes to mind. it's definitely my favorite to play on massive amounts of drugs.

10. damn...so why has no one suggested these fine Wii games??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the wii is a great system and is perfect to play stoned...any of the above games are 9's or 10's so you cant go wrong...

11. Wow!!
    So cracked games work online too? If its true I'll buy it as soon as I can!

And thanks for those games SwichOne! I'll check em out :D

12. This. I have one and I regret buying it. Any game that featured heavy use of motion controls was a pain in the ass to play. There are some great games for it, but it's not worth buying the console for. Since you're a PC gamer, you can probably run Dolphin without a problem.

13. I have a wii and its pretty fun to play stoned I modded mine myself all I do is download torrent games into my USB and play directly from it to my wii I have all of the cod so far and it's a very fun first person shooter I also play online with the wifi connection I have only bought one game which is super smash bros melee which I used to mod the wii and I have downloaded 20+ games I would recommend the cod series and Mario kart for sure, the lost shadow, raving rabbits is alright the Mario series there's a lot out there just gotta look around....I also have the Nintendo 64 emulator on mine and DVD player and mp3 player

14. #14 Twist3d, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    Wow playing N64 games is a plus! So, you can play online games that you have downloaded? Sounds pretty cool, I could use it as a dvd player too, I fucked up mine LOL.

Thanks everyone for sharing their opinions!

15. Like a lot had said. Get a wii for the old retro games, which you can get tons for free with homebrew if you wanna do that. (I never tried it) Or why I have a wii, the Big N exclusives. Seriously if your a gamer and don't play Mario, Zelda or Metroid. You're missing out. I never played metroid but I bought the Trilogy, amazing game for me any way. Played it stoned, just try not to get lost or side tracked. It's really fun high as well as mario is just always fun :D. and well zelda is just epic. Not to mention there are lots more great games out there. But there is a lot of shovel ware and trash games. Just make sure you pick out the good games. Don't forget brawl, stoned with buddies. Always fun shit lol.

16. #16 mr man fan, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    If you're gonna go that route why not just emulate wii on ur pc. I can run Wii games, with a smooth frame rate, at 1080p - better than the wii its self. You can also of course use the proper wii controller.

For playing the old games emulation is the best option too. Considering you say you're a PC gamer you're pc will be able to do all this. What's the point in buying a Wii.

My wee bro has one and IMO it's pretty shit.

17. Wii is a pretty dope system. I would get it for super smash bros hahahaha

18. Idk why you would buy a WII if you have a PC

19. True.

My brother told me: "Dont be an idiot, save that money for that guitar you always wanted or a new bmx.."

I just finished cleaning my old PS2 and now I'm playing Shadow Of The Colossus, never played it before... I'm so high and this game is awesome.

I'll download Dolphin or something like that lol.

Thanks man!!!

tl;dr: List of PS2 games I will play (for the first time) in my old PS2 (working like a charm) instead of buying a wii:
    Odin sphere
    Shadow Of The Colossus
    Ico
    Resident Evil 4
    Persona 4
    Kingdom Hearts
    Scarface: The world is yours

Will I be bored? ;)

20. Faun as hell the kids and i play the heck out of the Wii and they are real cheap now. Plus tons of people selling the accessories and games for just a few bucks of the acctual price!