im think im losing my friends?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by fernious, Apr 8, 2011.

1. so yeah i live in a small ass town where everyone knows everyone and shit like that. ill give a short bio first. before middle school i lwas a complete recluse. in middle school i got a couple of friends. then in high school im cool with everyone and shit.. i was voted class favorite two years in a row and other bullshit like that..

now it seems my friends dont even want to hang out with me anymore. whenever i call them up ( its almost never the way around and if they do they just want to smoke or play video games usually) theyre usually at another friends house getting high or just chilling.. i dont even talk to them that much anymore and the other day my friend just got off probation and they celebrated by smoking blunts.. that same day i had asked the guy with probation wat he was doin that day and he said nothing so when i randomly popped by i was like wtf? i dint say anything to them about it i just joined in their smoke session haha

ive been friends with these guys since the beginning of high school and they just hang with each other.. usually getting high or just chilling .. i havent been a smoocher at all, im always generous with my shit.. i dont know what the hell to make of it other than that they just hung out with me for bud? i dont beleive i pissed any of them off at all and i usually make an effort to hang out with them

2. fuck them it dosnt sound like you have that much fun with them anyways, find a way to take advantage of them. then move on

3. That is the wrong thing to do. You are a douche and a tool if you do that. Talk to them about it, or just stop chilling with them.

4. Fuck them, they're not your friends bro. If it wasn't for weed you guys would probably not even know each other. Forget them, find some new friends that want to hang out with YOU not with your weed.

5. Ask them why they dont hang out with you and see if they got balls to tell you the reason in your face....and if they come up with some bullshit excuse then fuck em....if they are your friends they would tell you why they dont invite you or what they don't like about you or your behavior

6. If you value your friendship with them then you should talk to them about it.

Call them out for a beer and mention that you've been feeling some tension with them recently and you're not sure what's going on. Ask them if it's something you've said or done (this shows humility and a willingness to accept guilt and goes a long way in these situations, though it does require swallowing your pride). You never know, maybe they have a valid beef, but haven't wanted to talk to you about it for fear of upsetting or embarrassing you and once it's out in the open it might clear up.

If there is one in particular that you still get on with well, then it might be worth talking to him/her alone about it.

People change as they are growing up. Many friends come and go and very few remain friends forever. I'm only in touch with three of the people I went to school with after 9 years and even those I very rarely see. One I haven't seen for 4 years.

7. I feel like you could be one of my friends. He's off at school, and there's a few of us that are home still. When he comes back, he'll call/message to hang out, but want to do things that I do every other night of the week. I'll tell him no I'm not feeling that, and he just doesn't answer. Things have just changed and we're in different situations right now. I don't consider him any less of a friend.

Could something similar be happening with your group of friends? Another thing, I know when I have a few people over, there's others in my group that could be there also, but I just don't feel like dealing with that many people at the moment.

People hang out and have fun with similar interests, maybe your guys interests are just changing so you hang out less? Maybe they don't want to invite you to get stoned and play video games because when they do you say " I wish I was doing this, Let's do this, I wish there was something to do, I'm so bored" something along those lines and they are perfectly content with what they're doing.

Edit: after re-reading that I'm not sure everythings as clear as I tried to make it, so if any questions just ask.

8. thanks for the advice guys.. now that i think about it they did come around more often when they knew i had bud, and they do hang out with my friend zac more than they have in the past since hes alyways buying, and my other friend bean keeps to himself when it comes to pot although hell invite me more often than the others but he still hangs with zac.

like i said before i havent done anything wrong. well one time i did but we talked it out and were cool. im not even gonna bother asking why they dont invite since i always invited them and it should be reciprocated. i probably should confront them about what they dont like about me but i dont see any reason why they shouldnt.. ive always been a calm guy and i never did them wrong in anyway

these guys havent changed too much at all. they still do the same bullshit they did when they were younger, now theyre just older

and its not like im always badgering them to hang out with me ill call them up once in a while, i usually just have to call one of them since theyre more than likely hanging out, its not a big gruop just five of us, well now its more like four and when i do chill with them i just chill.. im not complaining about being bored or not having anything to do.

keep them coming guys yall are really making me think

9. This is just what happens when high school aged groups of friends start doing drugs. Especially smoking weed, mainly because all they want to do as a group thing is smoke weed.

I suggest you let them stop being friends with you, move on. Find new friends, ones that are mature and do new things once in a while versus chilling, smoking, and playing video games all day. That shit gets old.

Basically don't be so worried if you lose some friends. Sounds like you could do better, anyways.

10. your title is not a question it is a statement.

11. Yep, this is life man. I noticed once I stopped smoking I pretty much lost all of my "friends" but one or two close people.

Don't trip over it though, they're not worth it if they're not around, ya know?

12. just disappear see if anyone hits you up. maybe your trying to chill with your friends to much

13. I'm having the same problems with my friends. I feel like all we ever do is smoke and if you're not down to smoke or don't have weed nobody will think about hitting you up to kick it. Idk don't just leave them start talking to the friends you're closest with and try hanging out 1 on 1 or small groups so you guys can reconnect and have a conversation while you're smoking try to fix shit up if there is a problem or just let them know you're down to hang out and to call you when they kick it. Also find a couple friends that don't smoke see if you like kicking it with them instead.

14. i have a few of these One of my friends goes from person to person who ever has money and drugs. The other two are just ego hungry and will follow who ever is popular, i don't talk to them unless they call me because its pointless to talk to people who only want to hang out with you because of what you have

15. yeah thanks guys i didnt really think ppl would like help and give their opinions but anyway yeah ill probly just stop hanging with them and shit.. ive been hanging out with different ppl the past couple months or so but i still wanna chill with my old crew but fuck it.. if they wanna hang out with me ima let them call me..

16. There's always people here willing to give their opinions on pretty much anything you ask. Sometimes more helpful than others, but always willing.

Good luck.

17. its been a while but i figured out wat sort of broke up my group of friends. this girl named sarah...

a couple months ago i finally chilled with my friends bean and ray. zac was not to be found that day. anyway were blazing and we started talking abouthow we havent hung out ina long ass while. im sayin to ray that i dont even feel comfortable chilling with yall cuz sarahs always with yall and ray and bean say we dont even hang out with zac anymore cuz of her and then the conversation goes on from there. we figured out a couple things

1. sarah is slutty. it turns out we havent hung with zac cuz when sarah gets fucked up shell follow you when you leave the room to get a drink or watever and will grab our dicks and try to make out with us.

2. she is not pretty. shes the kinda girl that doesnt look pretty no matter how much you drink or smoke. ( trust me on this ive been completely wasted and high as hell and was still able to get away from her horny ass)

3. we dont know why zac likes her. she smokes up all his shit and drinks all his alcohol and as a result zac is spending a lot of money and we dont think it should be that way.. maybe hes getting pussy from her a lot?

4. if they are goin out.. then shit zac should know what shes been doin with us and with other girls... oh yeah sarahs bisexual

anyway me ray and bean have been hanging out.. not like we used to just maybe once or twice a week but we have yet to hang out with zac in a long while..

weve been meaning to tell zac all this stuff but idk... sarahs like his best friend, maybe his girlfriend and we would rather avoid the awkwardness and possible rage of zac

18. I'm in the same dilema, but because I dropped out of HS. The only times we kick is to smoke weed. (Which is like almost everyday). But I feel like that's all we're doing, intead of going places n shit.

19. Get some new friends, ones who are winners. As you grow older, you'll realize the value of real friends versus "others"

20. Loose the group. Try to hang one on one with some of your friends that you are closest with. Thats when you see a persons true face, not just the image they put out to the group.