I'm surprised bongs and other paraphernalia aren't outlawed in U.S

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Skurr, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Think about it, how often do you think a RooR bong is used to smoke only tobacco? Or any other piece. I'm surprised the government hasn't banned bongs and what not.

2. You just fucking jinxed it.

Fuck.

3. haha good point idk who would use them for tabacco that's just retarded.
    Also I don't think they're illegal because well fuck it's just glass and you can't really ban glass from the U.S. it's just blown into a cool shape that people might want to smoke an illegal substance from.

4. i think it's not outlawed because it's way too hard to regulate

5. plus you'd have a pretty hard time outlawing what many consider a form of art

6. :-x

I'd imagine the government banning it somehow, just to screw us over. Although I think with Obama in office and when the economy is stable again, our wonderful plant will be decriminalized pretty well.

Regulate? Isnt it already regulated if its legal

Good point, it is most definitely a form of art

7. if you hit a bong with tobacco that was grown in your backyard like weed is, it wouldnt suck/be harsh or have any of the bad shit in it. and it would give you a nice buzz. and im sure that some people do.

8. Ever smoke tobacco out of a bong? Gives you a real nice head rush and body numbing effect. Its pretty intense actually

9. #9 BigTrees, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    Such a good point.

duh, feds!
    cats smoke weed out of bongs!

perhaps now they've gotten themselves into a bind

there are so many tube companies and glass blowers out there
    headshops
    etc etc

if you banned their creation and sale on monday you'd better believe there'd be a shitload of glassheads out there looking for a job

so perhaps we can thank their past legality for their current status under the law

old Issac Newton told us that objects at rest require WORK if we're to act upon them (or in this case, the feds)

I'm thinking marijuana prohibition is heading in the opposite direction in the states to be honest.

Litteraly all of the states are broken down financially
    Some of the states report spending billions (with a B. irrational amounts of money that are litterally too large for most to understand) of dollars a year to regulate marijuana use and trafficking (more than likely texas and california are the biggest spenders but i'm really not looking to cite anything from the outside [two of the richer and larger states admittedly)

in a true economic crisis (i wont get started on the topic, but i call it a resource shortage) there wont be enough stuff (time, money, things) to spread around to marijuana enforcement if the State (with a capital S this time) doesnt deem its enforcement worthy of its now precious resources.

we shall see
    but thats how i've felt for a while now.

Massachusetts just decriminalized posession of trees up to an ounce and is projected to save anywhere from twenty to thirty million bones.

thats a lot of poor families that can be fed
    state jobs that dont have to be cut (thinking like the machine here, mind you)
    blah political rhetoric blah blehbibleebloo

10. Its hard for them to do anything about water pipes because where do you draw the line? if they tried to shutdown all headshops that would include pipes with all the 'bongs" it would be like saying that tobacco isn't ok, and the government cant have that... they love tobacco. And hey, as a tobacco smoker i like some water filtration for my hits, rather than a harsh dry one. Whats "technically" different about the 3 ft toro and a little handheld bubbler?

as long as it sold "for tobacco use only" its golden

11. QUICK, EVERYONE GO ROB YOUR LOCAL HEADSHOPS!!!

this guy just fucked us :D

12. If they outlawed them, shops would sell bong "parts" then, much like some guns were sold in parts after the goverment outlawed the assembled guns.

Great, I just said "bong" and "guns" in the same sentence. That's gonna get me on some list. :rolleyes::D

13. Can't buy bongs in my county. Im actually pretty sure its my whole state. Local headshop chain had 3 shops closed down for almost 4 months confiscating over 250,000 worth of glass. Don't think it doesnt happen everyday. I got to drive 3 hours just to find a shop thats allowed to sell tubes, let alone anyone with good bongs to begin with.

14. A lot of cities actually have bans on selling paraphernalia. Some cities even have bans on blunts.

15. Don't advertise it. Someone could be reading this.

16. I'm surprised guns/knifes/bats/cars/calorie loaded french fries/ samurai swords/machetes are legal, they're all used to kill people. :rolleyes:

Retarded thread.

17. McDonalds is getting Endicted on MURDER charges

:eek::eek:

:p:cool::smoke:

Thanks for the rep brothers!

18. what? where?

19. Boston has bans on blunt wraps.

20. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_blunt_ban

There are a few more cities that have done the same thing. I'm not sure if this has been repealed or anything, but it's one of the measures I've heard of. Maybe someone in Philly can tell us what's up over there and how this thing is actually working out.