I'm sure you've heard this all before...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Toke Benedict I, Dec 28, 2009.

1. So, I'm looking to start growing some marijuana, but before I do, I thought I'd ask you kind folks a few questions.

i)I consider myself to be pretty handy, and I've grown a variety of other plants in the past. Is marijuana considerably more difficult to grow than your average garden and house plants?

ii)Living in Canada, marijuana production is obviously illegal, which means that on the labels of nutrients and stuff, there won't be any guidelines for using them with Mary Jane. Is there a plant that grows in the same fashion/requires roughly the same kind of upkeep as Lady Jane?

iii)If you pay attention to detail, is it still easy to fuck up?

iv)Though seeds are of the same strain, does it mean that they will come out (if cared for properly) looking something like the pictures that the seed companies show us the strain is to look like?

v)Jorge Cervantes...should I listen to him?

vi)Is it worth investing in CO2 introduction systems?

vii)If I pay attention to detail, and maintain my plants by doing the whole maintenance schpiel regularly and vigorously, could a first time user pull off a homemade hydroponics system?

Sorry for wasting your time with my n00bness.

2. Quality post, would also like to know the answers

3. No.

There are plenty of nutrients available online and in your town that will provide adequate directions for usage. Tomatoes grow and flower similarly to MJ.

An ability to pay attention to detail is a necessity to being a good grower. I guarantee that if you pay attention to detail you will not F Up.

Maybe. Given proper care and attention they will be the best smoke you have ever had. Does that count?

Um.... Yes.

For a personal grow... Beneficial YES, necessary NO. For a full production grow absolutely.

I think we already answered this question. Attention to detail will get you far.

Good luck.

4. +1 on what M4R said. Also, to grow right requires a considerable investment in up-front costs for the stuff you'll need (lights, hydro gear, ventilation, nutes, etc.). And you should look at it as an investment - something that will pay off down the road. Ghetto grows get ghetto results. Good luck on your grow!

5. Agree with "Johnk" 100% ghetto grow= ghetto results.:hello: