im stoned and i was wondering....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by chewySpark, Mar 10, 2013.

1. if plants growing indoors need absolute darkness, why don't plants growing outdoors get affected by the moonlight, streetlight, etc

thanks and happy smoking :D :smoking:

2. They don't. I leave a light on in my flower room so I can work in it when its cooler. I had 1 plant start showing signs of reveg so I just moved her. Some lights just don't effect it.

3. Full moon is about one candle foot of light more than that your throwing plantsback into veg. Socfls are all thats requiredto keep your plants vegging. Called bulking up your plant. I did it last year withmyplants and cut supplemental lights at aug first. They flowered fast and hard andyielded amazing. 4 to 5 plus from 100 gallon smart pots.

4. Use a green cfl wont have problems green lightis invisible to plants.

5. That is a good question. I have heard that females grown outdoors can sometimes turn hermi by the moonlight....not sure if it's actually true though...

6. Not true see myvpost above. Explained it for ya.

7. So moonlight is the same spectrum as green cfl?

8. Haha no its just that in nature a full moon wont cause flowering it doesnt provide proper light or intensity neccessary. But if u need tolight up a garden at night without affecting flowering use green lights invisible to plants.

9. Haha okay, I was a little confused there, but that makes sense now. Yeah, I grew a plant outdoors once and it didn't herm on me so I figured it may have been bunk info.

10. Its the nature of the grow game lots of misinfo out there. Listen to growers who do it right for a living like muah. Im here to teach others to grow good weed liks me. I got taught by other ogs gonna pass the info along.

11. I dunno .......maybe it has to do with cannabishas been growing longer then we have had eletricity?

Matter of fact, I'd bet my life(and yours too ) that it was originally grown outdoors. Where it would of had eons to elvolve...think F2000+ in breeding terms for generational evolution.

Also the moon gets dimmer each year as it slowley moves away from the earth....not that it would effect enything that's so slow. But when cannabis first came into existance along the Georgian foothills the moon would of been much brighter.