im starting to try and grow help my first time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ghostinhale97, Jun 19, 2012.

1. I just put my seeds in a wet paper towel and i have some questions like how long it takes to crack and what do i do when it does crack im so lost help

2. depends on the seeds, some will crack overnight, some will take a week some wont crack at all sometimes. there is so much info on growing here. READ READ READ, I cant explain the whole growing process in a single message and here are so many different opinions and options.

3. Well do you know how big a pot or something i should put it in after it cracks?

4. relax man just act like you were growing a flower or something its not complicated

The first stage of the plants life is called germination where the seed begins to crack and the taproot emerges. It can take upto 2 weeks in my experience it has taken no longer than 3-4 days.

once the taproot emerges from the seed you plant it, either in pot with soil or a rockwool cube. I personally use rockwool cubes because it makes it super easy.

5. if your using soil you could start it in cups (try to avoid clear ones) light isnt good for the roots. try to get some decent soil as well, try to avoid miracle grow soils, i use pro-gro or sunshine mix (soil-less mixes) but any potting soil should do. try to get airy fluffy soil with no time release beads in it. Or the rockwool like vin said. for some reason I dont even crack the seeds before hand. I just put them a quarter inch in the soil with pointed end down. works for me.

6. Dude get on youtube and do some research to get the basic knowledge on how to grow.