I'm starting to grow. (HELP!)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Metabot, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I have decided I will start to grow 2 or 3 plants max, in my closet. I don't want my parents finding out so I choose some feminized Nirvana Northern Light seeds because of their supposed low odor characteristic. I've got the spot, I'm awaiting my seeds, I've been searching for some suiting CFL's.
    But then I asked myself, couldn't I just simply expose my plants to sunlight for the needing time and then put them back in the dark of the closet? Or do I have to use the lights?

From what I understand I should start on a 12/12 cycle when the plant is supposed to flower. Can I simply put her outside for the 12 hours and then put her back?

Also, can someone please explain to me how the lighting cycles work in ich period of the plants life?
    Thanks in advance

2. Well if you can get caught don't

Sent from iPhone 5

3. #3 Freeborn, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    So now I feel like I had to say that

12/12 lighting is only to force a plant to flower if you want your plant to grow the light should be on for atleast 18 hrs a day that will keep it in the veg state or keep it growing and if you want to move your plant outside and then back inside that's cool just make sure that its all the way dark when you have them inside

Moving them in and out will expose them to a lot of other things like bugs or really low temps and such that's why some grow all indoors it's really up to you

Sent from iPhone 5

4. I really have no problem with taking my plant out for the most aprt of the day since my parents work until late and I live in portugal, where the majority of people dont even know what a cannabis plant looks like.
    Can someone tell me exactly when the right time is to initiate the 12/12 cycle? When can I see my plant is ready for flowering stage?

5. That part really is all up to you if you take the max height of where your going to keep it in the dark hrs and half that then you will be safe to flower at that halted hight because these plants will double in size when you put them to flower

And everyone might not I know what it looks like but they know what it smells like and it's the same when its growing as when you burn a bowl

Good luck

Sent from iPhone 5

6. There's no set time limit on the long end, however its suggested you let them veg for at least 5 weeks before flowering. even this is on the low end though, as 5 weeks is typical for a "mini" plant. Another way to decide (past 5 weeks) is just how big you want your plants to get. Start flowering whenever your plants are about 4-6 inches below what you'd like them to be. They will grow a little during flowering but not as rapidly as veg. For a stealth indoor grow like you have i would suggest around 5-8 weeks of veg and if you wanna go longer than that look into SCROGing or they might get too big. Not to be a dick here, but if youre asking a pretty simple question like this I'm guessing you didn't do much research. Its good that youre starting to ask questions but many of these early ones can be answered in tons of forums here and there are also quite a few good youtube guides out there. I would defenitely suggest doing some more research, especially if you're growing in your parents house. You don't want to be surprised about anything. I researched a SHITLOAD before i started growing and I'm still learning ever day. If you don't have the patience to educate yourself now, no offense, but you probably don't have the patience to grow. Its like taking care of your own pet (without your parents help!). keep asking questions though, were all here to help :smoking:

7. Agreed bkclearly knows tell him lol but they do grow a lot if you don't top or touch a plant it gets crazy but I agree with all else as posted lol just my opinion

Sent from iPhone 5

8. no youre right Freeborn i forgot to include that. just got educate yourself man thats what its all about

9. dude love the avatar

10. Why thank you but go on you tube type in how to grow indoors for real it's there and on here these guys will help you good luck

Sent from iPhone 5

11. I have been researching a lot. I know about what I need and how I should treat my plants. I have an Idea on how big they're going to be and I have measured everything so space isn't going to be a problem. I will, of course, continue researching since I'm far from being ready but I still got a couple of weeks until my plant is here so no biggy.

I'm just concearned that my plants will smell too much (even being low odor). Is there any cheap trick to get rid of the pungent weed smell or do I have to buy any fancy machines that will solve this?

Thanks for the help by the way guys

12. #12 growkings, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
  13. They make a spray called OZone and I think it
    comes in a timed dispenser you can set

Great movie I've seen it before still get new info from it
    Sent from iPhone 5

14. yep for sure me to just watched it and when you think you know alot, alot more can be learned :hello:

15. #15 azgrassman, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    For odor control look into ONA buckets or build a small Carbon filter/fan setup.

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/569506-diy-carbon-filter-compendium.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/728452-diy-ona-odor-control-bucket-cheap-easy.html

These threads have instructions on both.

Having said that, you really shouldn't grow without your parents consent, especially in their home. In the U.S., parents can loose their homes if their children get caught cultivating marijuana illegally. Minimum sentence for producing less than two pounds in my state is two years. If you don't have the means to grow legally you're risking a lot. Especially when you have a limited grow.

Moving a plant in and out of a house is going to draw a lot of attention and even if you don't think people in Portugal know what weed looks like, I promise you the people you don't want to know do.

Invest in large CFLs and a timer. Don't drag your plants in and out. The light schedule won't be consistent and switching between artificial light and natural light can cause issues (going male or hermy), plus much less sketchy to leave it in one place. Look into LST techniques; the SCROG screen would take too much space. Also look into FIMming and topping to increase your yield.

Good luck, man!

AZ

EDIT: Have you looked into what Nutrient regimen you're planning on using? And what soil are you planning on using?

16. Agreed

Sent from iPhone 5

17. Well, this is how it works. You probably don't know portugal. No one seriously gives a shit here. Everyone is like "whatever why should I have the work", so it's the perfect environment to grow a plant. So the only thing Im concerned is my parents finding out, but even if they do, they also smoke weed so max what will happen is they telling me to take that plant from the house. Also, I'm not known for anykind of trouble whatsoever, so no cops will come to my house searching for nothing, and since I've quit that idea of taking my plant out, no one should find out.

As for the soil I'm thinking about BioBizz all mix soil. Any other suggestions?
    And for the nutrients, I'm not sure yet, what would you recommend?

18. BioBizz seems to work well enough. I don't have personal experience. I've read that it can be hot for young seedlings. I really like the fox farms products (Ocean Forrest, Happy Frog), and i hear that Roots Organic is very good. It all depends on what you can get your hands on I guess.

I recommend the Advanced Nutrients Sensi pH Perfect line for synthetic nutrients. They're pricey but they work well and you can use tap water (supposedly...) as long as it is reasonable good. If you're on a budget Fox Farms trio is good. Organic options might be easier for you to get your hands on. I don't know whether or not you have access to a hydroponics shop or a large gardening/Home improvement store.

19. We do have some larger gardening shop. Would I be able to get my hands on the necessary nutrients on those or do I need to go to specialized growing shop for that?