Im starting a late outdoor grow op, few questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Outdoorweed, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Alright, so i've always wanted to start a outdoor grow op. for a while now and i finally have a chance. Perfect spot scouted and access to certain soils and mixtures to my availability. Now i know im starting a way to late operation, but i want to have some experience and opportunity to start a grow.
    (live in portland, OR)

My first question is, by experience what is the BEST way to start a seed? im using a single bagseed that i've come by in a bag of afghan kush that a local indoor grower grew. I know there is the cup methods, paper towel etc. What should i do to best see this plant started? and also, what is the best intial plant soil mix.

Any tips, pointers, thoughts please present to me, as this is my FIRST grow and anything told will be helpful. And yes i did read the stickys :)

2. No offense intended, but the best place to start an outside seed is early next year.

There are many threads in this forum discussing this fact. Any other grow questions will be answered in the stickies. They are an incredible encyclopedia on how to have a successful outdoor grow.

Good Luck!

3. this is true but i dont think it gets frosty till late in portland i live in ireland I think you should start them off in jiffy pellets there great they give the plants an uber start dont fertilize for the first two weeks you get jiffy pellets in walmart i got them when i was over there last month i dont bother germinating them with a paper towel becuase there i chance kill the tap root by touching it even with a tweezers but drop the seed in a cup of water and if i it sinks discard if it floats it has vacule and nucleas hollow meaning its a strong seed you can feminise the seeds as well by keeping them in a containger with bannana skins or else germinate with a paper using a water solution with one birth control pill to every gallon. and when its sprouted for the first three weeks keep it under glass or a simaarlar green house effect house hold item big jars do well remember to lift the glass up to expose it to air at least once a day then steadily move it outdoors start with an hour a day then build up the time over days i suggest transplanting the jiffy pellet in to a pot with 25% of the soil your gonna transplant in to so have a trowel handy and a black bin bag the rest of the soil could just be the jiffy pellets containments spewed in to pot and a couple of handfuls of perlite for good drainage id say you'd get all the soil you'll need for a 2 two litre pots from one pack of jiffy pellets easier then hauling a big bag of soil around its easy keep a metre between plants for best results i'd look for ways to prevent pests such as putting broken eggshells around the base of the plant to prevent slugs that should sort you out till 5 weeks any questions ? you grow is gonna be small for the time your growing so make the most of it with a sunny grow spot

4. I would just germinate it in a wet paper towel. When the root pops out, plant it. It is way late in the season and your plant will be much smaller then it could be, but you will get bud. I am starting to see a lot of people who have their plants on 12/12 light cycle from the start. I know outdoor plants are starting to show already so I would hurry if I were you.
    This information is based on observations I've made. I'm not sure if there is a "too late too plant outside" point.
    Good luck and have fun.