Im so confused somebody please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gregmagnu, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Im putting a 600watt air cooled grow light in my (2'7x4'11x6'7) grow lab tent. So thats three fans i need. What cfm do you you guys think i should got with? How much cfm to cool the 600wat light. How much cfm for bringing the air in and then how much for the one taking the air out? I don't want to make any mistake when i buy the fans so any info would be great.

2. You only need one fan. I run a similar setup with a 600w air cooled light in a 4x4x7 tent. I have pics of the ventilation setup at the beginning of my journal, but here's the easiest way to run your ventilation:

in order of air flow: Carbon filter-ducting-cool tube-ducting-fan-ducting-exhaust vent.

The fan sucks the air from the top of tent, pulls it through the carbon filter to remove the odor. The air is then pulled through the cool tube, cooling the light, before reaching the fan which blows this hot and odor free air out of the tent. You do not need an Intake fan for your sized tent. Just make sure you get the proper fan for this set-up and provide adequately sized intake ports, and negative pressure will draw fresh air into the tent.

I use a 435 cfm vortex fan on a speed controller, would recommend the same for you, allows you to really dial temps and humidities in, and always good to buy a little more fan than you need. Higher fan speeds for more cooling and to decrease humidity.

3. I use this passive intake setup and it works great. Just open the bottom vent ports on your tent, and put your hand over them after starting your exhaust fan and feel the rush of fresh/cool air being drawn back into the tent. If your tent gets a "sucked in" appearance from the negative pressure, just open another port or two to increase airflow.

Hope this explAnation helps :)

4. Thanks for the great info. Is there any specific 600 watt lights you would recommend for my set up. I was looking at this light Amazon.com: Apollo 600Watt Electronic Dimmable Ballast and 6'' Duct Cool Tube Reflector Hydroponic Combo w/ HPS+MH Bulbs and rope ratchet +Timer: Everything Else. Would this work fine? I was looking at this one because of the price and the great reviews. But will the venting with one fan work on this? from what i understood the air get pulled in cools the light goes throughout the carbon filter and then the air exits the tent. I was looking at the hydrofarm 400 cfm.