Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im sick of these strains.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by UpstateToking, May 27, 2011.

1. Nowadays all ganja is about is "Is this Trainwreck?" or "Does this look like a blueberry strain to you?". I personally believe the only thing that makes strains different is the taste and smell, nothing with the high for me. But people start making it big deals. For example, my dealer had a certain strain my friend "didn't like" so he didn't buy from her and tried to find another hook up for the weekend.
    Like WTF! Honestly, in my head theres reg and dank, good or bad, etc. That's it.
    I am not trying to be offensive to people who disagree. Unless you are buying from a dispensary, you should just get the idea of strains out of your head before it brainwashes you. Lol.

2. Wouldn't dispensaries have even more reason to throw on strain names because they have profit minded executives?

3. This is true. In fact I will only start believing the names until it is legalized, and commercially sold.

4. I disregard strains too. Sativa, Indica. I don't give a shit, as long as that shit gets me fucking. Riiiiiiiiipped.

:smoke:

5. Even at dispensaries, strain names can still be pretty meaningless.

I've bought the same strain from different dispensaries, and gotten a wide variety of smell, taste, and quality. Mostly you just have to figure out who has good growers and then get what smells good.

6. When it comes down to strain, the main difference I look to is Sativa or Indica.

7. it doesn't really matter too much just dont pay attention to it. Look at it like this, animals would be boring as fuck if we didn't have names for them.
    Do you have any pets?
    yeah those fckn small horses with fur
    same thing with weed, classification takes it up a level and people can kinda play around with it. Plus, it helps growers specialize and be creative, while making money. Why is that bad? If there was no money involved, why would anyone do it?

I know theres bullshit when it comes to strains but it helps in the big picture, and if you cant see it you just aint high nuff

8. Strains mean something to me. I'm an OG smoker, and names like Larry, Ghost, Abusive, Tahoe, SFV, they mean something to me. Names like "LAKERS PURPLE OG", not so much.

Or how about names like "Charlie Sheen's F-18 Bro!" or "Tiger's Blood" or just classic "Charlie Sheen", they're all just pre-existing strains. F-18 bro is an OG crossed with a ChemDawg, for instance. It's an excellent strain with a retarded name. Should be called OG x ChemDawg.

Lastly, there are certain strains that do very little to curb anxiety or ease stomach pain, and these strains usually don't sit well with me. I'm not a fan of the majority of sativas, and I don't usually like Blueberries (although i got some blackberry kush which is complete fire)