Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm sick of hearing people say "purp is extinct" when talking about purps.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by insanoweird, Dec 29, 2008.

1. OK, I want to make this clear:

Purple Haze, the genetic strain, may very well be extinct. I don't know.

BUT: when people are talking about their dank purps, calling it "purple haze", someone always has to come in and say that they aren't smoking purple haze because it is extinct. I've seen and smoked purple weed before, and PEOPLE WILL CALL THEIR PURPLE WEED PURPLE HAZE. It doesn't matter if the technical strain is extinct, it's just what people like to call their purple weed. 99.999% of names are made up by the dealer anyway to give him an excuse to raise prices, so what's the difference?

Purple Haze = slang for good purple weed. THAT'S IT.

2. but, purple haze is extinct. :D

3. I'm sure that won't happen in this thread.

:poke:

EDIT: See? :laughing:

4. Bah, named weed is already kinda... well... It's mainly marketing, even in the Marijuana Community!

I catch your drift tho, I'm sick of people just randomly saying: "Purp is extinct" whenever the strain's name is mentionned. No one cares. :smoke:

Elend.

5. i don't know anyone that has ever done this.

6. i still don't understand how it's purple. just nutso

7. the actual purple haze probably pales in comparison to some of the strains around now...i dont get why people care about it if its extinct...

8. people can call it purple haze because they mix purple and a haze strain together. making a purple haze. and by mixing i mean crossing strains.

the real purple haze is extinct.

9. I feel the same way. Its like how is it extinct when its in my blunt right now??

10. so if its extinct, it was once around? I've heard that it never existed then I've heard that it did but is gone. I don't know whos bullshitting me.

11. I think it origonated from Marley, i might be wrong

12. why is purple haze extinct? who went genocidal on a strain of marijuana? im sure theres still a few old men with a few sealed breeder packs laying around. im gonna google this cause im stoned and interested.

13. lol @ this.. purple haze extinct? people need to stop being so gullible.

14. someone give us the end all truth!

15. can you enlighten us insteada laughin? I've heard that it never existed an jimmi just made it up in his song and ppl have twisted it into being a real strain. I'd like to know the truth and put the lies to rest.

16. purple haze is not extinct. lol its just not around main stream is all. Plus you can make a similar cross with the strains we have now.

17. #17 tyrone biggums, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    just read a few other forum threads on the topic. heres the best sounding argument for pure purple haze strains being extinct. also purple haze could just be a purple phenotype.

"Hi

Purple Haze seeds never existed, that is the strain never existed... as a cultivated line.

Purple, pure Haze plants can be found in populations of pure haze plants, you will find some green ones, purple ones, pinkish, and almost black ones. Regardless of temps.

These are mostly colourations brought about by the Colombian aspects of the hybridisation of the Haze lines back on Cali in the early '70's.

The search for pure Purple Haze seeds is pointless. They dont exist, and they wont ever exist. The search for pure haze lines not so pointless and these can be found, although they are in very few peoples hands to be sure."

18. im sick of people arguing about it. i dont really care. im not a big fan of purple weed, i love lavender and urkle tho. half the time its not even genetics that makes it puple

19. I don't really like naming weed anything except Indica, Sativa, or a hybrid unless you are the grower or you bought in from a dispensary.