Im seeing a therapist

Discussion in 'General' started by Delluhsion, Jan 9, 2012.

1. What should i tell him/her, im beeing forced to go by law(its a long story) should i really open up or what?

2. tell him/her your uncle touched you. and now you're addicted to anti depressants and the voices are chanting redrum.

3. Just do wat u feel is comfortable, its rly that simple, if its a good therapist (like mine) then they will accept that

4. I hope you know that they're going to try and dope you up and turn you into a zombie. Look out dude.

5. well if you're forced by law..id say its up to you. you can either just bullshit or you can try and make the most out of it...just being honest.

i actually just texted my former therapist like half an hour ago and asked if i can meet with her this week for the first time in 8 months.

i played the "denial card" and didnt tell her anything...my parents made me go..but now im ready to be honest with her and feel i can get a lot out of it.

you cant go to the "wrong" therapist though...thats very important. if you dont have chemistry you wont get much out of it at all.

6. thats a psychiatrist.

therapists are just to talk about your problems.

ehhh..they may be linked with some psychiatrists and try and hook you up with some but you can easily just say no

7. its actually a psychiatrist, i just diden't know how to spell it ._. should i be worried?

8. May as well…
    free psychiatric help is free

9. Thanks for the help guys, really. Im just going to tell my doctor all my problems and concerns with life, i hear people feel a lot better when telling they're doc's their issues so i might try it out.

10. well i don't know what's wrong with you.

if you can prove to them that there's nothing wrong with you...then maybe...just MAYBE, they won't prescribe you medication.

but you cant fake it too much though, they'll see if you're faking it...and then they'll think you're paranoid and put you on some kind of anti-psychotic...its a fucked up business.

i say FUCK psychiatrists...avoid them at ALL costs.

you have anxiety? you dont need xanax...you need goals, hobbies, motivation in life, shit like that. go to the gym.

xanax doesnt help ANYBODY...unless youre in the hospital.

somebody wise once told me i didnt need need medication...except when i was in the hospital. you say "maybe if you took medication you would have never ended up in the hospital"...WRONG. all 3 times i ended up in the hospital i was heavily dosed on medication...you defeat your problems not through medication...but through therapy and a healthy lifestyle.

but if youre required by law to go...theyll probably require you by law to take the medications he gives you...idk be careful dude. their job is to provide you medications so that's what they're gonna do.

11. Yep. You're in the system now dude. For the rest of your life, when you're asked on a form, "have you ever been treated by a psychatrist for a mental disorder" you've gotta answer yes.

On top of that, they're going to try and use you as a test subject for experimental drugs which will more than likely cause you more harm than good.

12. yeah okay matt damon

13. Aww what, you're fucking freaking me out bro. I went in for overdosing on some unmentionables and going to school... i know it was a really stupid thing to do, but is that a good enough reason to label me with a "disorder"?

14. Yep. They like to get people in when they're young and don't even really know the consequences. I'll bet they told you this was the only way to keep from having a criminal record. Now you've got a mental health record. Fucked.

If you try to go to medical school, or law school, or become any kind of licensed professional in almost any field, you'll have to explain all this somewhere in each application process with long drawn out explanations.

You also may no longer be able to purchase a firearm.

Overdosing in school is reason enough for most normal people to consider you to be some kind of drug addict with a mental illness. I know it's accepted amongst potheads, but we don't really run the world.

15. if it were up to psychiatrists...100% of the population would be labeled as mentally ill.

they're sneaky and they fuck you, and they make you worse, and then you're even further in the system.

16. I have mixed thoughts about this entire thing...

17. honestly my psychiatrist only made me worse...waaaaaaaaay worse...in so many ways.

but im smart though, and I got over it. I'd even venture to say that I benefited from it all, but I cant say that your "average" person or anything near your average person would benefit from it at all. im not your average person though, and I say that 100% modestly...probably the best thing that psychiatry did for me was pretty much eliminate any chance of me becoming any type of "normal" career...but i'm happy about that because now i can put all my focus towards art :)

18. just make sure you go in with an open mind

id venture to say that most of the people who "benefit" from psychiatry are noticing a placebo.

hell what do i know...maybe they can help a lot of people. but they greatly over-diagnose, over-medicate and lie to you. its a fucked up corrupt business.

the doctor i went to prescribed "clozaril"...the most heavy duty, expensive medication on the market to 90%+ of his patients...and his patients were of all different varying illnesses.

its a dirty dirty business

19. I looked more into this, its basically "drug therapy" does not sound good at all...

20. yeah...when i met with my psychiatrist the meeting would last for about 10 mins each time. it would go something like "study hard in school. try hard. do your homework. do you have any side-effects. no? good. im upping your medication and prescribing you some hallidol too while youre at it. peace."