im ready to flower...is there anything i should do before i switch?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by peterjoseph88, Feb 4, 2010.

1. So I have been vegging for about 13 days under a 400watt hps and I'm ready to switch over... I've read in some places to start adding bloom nutes before switching over... or adding sugar? If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

2. Yes, most nutes come with directions for fertilizing in the transition period! It is a mixture of both veg and boom nutes.

3. What I normally do is a "mini-flush" where i pour about the same amount of distilled water through the pot as the pot will hold (i.e. 5 gallons for a 5 gallon pot). This gets a lot of the leftover salts and grow nutes that are high in N out of my soil.

Then I swithc to 12/12 and start bloom nutes at 1/4 STRENGTH the next watering after your pots have dried out from the flush (don't get all crazy, your plant doesn't need anywhere close to all those nutrients at this point)

4. i agree with ipack on the miniflush. usually nutrient brands come with there feeding charts. such as botanicare, general hydroponics, foxfarm, and canna.... if you dont have access to those feeding charts im sure you can find them online. just follow the charts and keep it simple.