Im pretty sure

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by caster12, Aug 18, 2011.

1. That if I move out my parents will get divorced. They have been fighting a lot lately. and I mean way more than usual. I've been stepping In and mediating everything because I hate when they fight. I'm 18 and have a resting heart rate of 47 and a low blood pressure. But lately this has been stressing me out and the doctor told me my blood pressure has been rising. I have a history of OCD and excessive anxiety both diagnosed by a psychiatrist. And it worries me that when I go to college next year, my parents are gonna be fighting constantly. Especially since my mom is depressed and my dad has a lot of anxiety. I really just don't know what to do. Amd ive never been good talking to people about stuff like this. I really don't feel comfortable telling anyone I know. Does anyone have any advice?

2. hey man my parents got divorced when i was in college. It sucks man but you gotta stay postive about it. Think about it, if the are arguing and yelling at each other all the time. Dont you think they would be happier apart.

Imagine if you had a friend who was married and was having the same problems. You would probably say hey man, this clearly isnt working, something needs to be done. It sucks but its for the best.

3. Yeah no one wants their parents to get divorced.

My parents got divorced back when I was middle school and I got dragged into their in fighting and drama. They each tried to get me to choose a side and they were always belittling each others behind each others' backs. Eventually my dad moved to Connecticut and basically disappeared from my life for the entire time I was in high school and moved back to VT when I was 17. At which point my mom seized her opportunity to pawn me off on my father (who I hated) and kicked me out. I had a pretty rough time with my father, I just felt like neither of my parents even wanted me, and eventually I rented an apartment with a gf for a year or so, that didn't work out and now I'm back living in my mother's house.

I have my mom's house to myself though as my mom's moved in with her boyfriend so it all equals out. Divorces are definitely tough but your older than I was so you should be able to avoid all the drama (fighting over custody, constant bickering and badmouthing and arguments over who gets me what week or weekend).

4. thanks guys. i guess it would be better off they were divorced. as long as they are happy with it

5. Exactly bro, they are both adults, just like yourself. You say you are going to college, if they did their job and raised you in, i hope, was a happy home then their job is done. Two adults wanting to split up is nothing you can stop, and is not something you should feel at fault for.

Let them be happy, and happiness will come to you my friend.

Good vibes and happy trails bro :D

6. yeah if you have to work that hard to make it seem right its not meant to be

7. I'm sorry, but this is nothing. I've seen my parents do some shit that I'll never admit to anyone, and they did it right in front of me as a child. I've successfully blocked most of it out, but my parents stayed together to create a stable environment for their children. If my parents tell me they plan to divorce once my little brothers are out of high school I will simply explain to them that I do not plan on speaking to them any longer.