I'm playing my first gig, advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by SisterRay, Jun 19, 2012.

1. We are playing our first gig in a week and I'm pretty hyped. Its in a tiny venue so theres not loads of pressure but i'm still kinda scared/excited. Have any of you who have played gigs got any advice on what to do during the gig and like before it?

2. I was going to say rock out with your cock out, but apparently thats "NOT cool bro".

So i say play it how you enjoy playing, have some fun, and if your good enough the crowd will respond.

If you do it right then you've gotta do the sweaty stage dive into the front row Wooooo.

3. Take a shit before and just get into it. People will usually react to how you are acting. If you stand still, they'll just stand there.

What do you play?

4. Move around a bit, dance (provided you don't drum), and keep a smile on your face. If you're having a good time, the crowd is having a good time.

Don't let your mind wander when on-stage. That happens to my ADD ass all the time.

5. I remember my first gig. I felt like I was the only one who didn't feel TOO awkward, although I was a bit awkward looking just standing there. My friends were shitting their pants though, so.. yeah.

After a while you get it. You just have to move and scream and have fun with the crowd. Get them going. Unless you're playing some acoustic music, then yeah, calm your shit haha.

6. Dont take it personally if people respond negatively. people are assholes.

Dont stare into the overhead lights. It's hot on the stage, so wear something you don't mind sweating in. Bring condoms, as girls love a music man. If you feel overwhelmed, close your eyes or look past the audience.

7. Make sure to jerk yer gerkin

8. Don't quit your day job and get lots of rest.

9. If you're nervous, don't look at the crowd, look towards the back of the room. It might help to have a few drinks beforehand as well, but don't go overboard :smoke: Good luck with your gig man!

10. imagine everyone in the crowd is naked

11. Have a few beers beforehand to calm the nerves down a bit. Not too many tho you dont wanna be drunk.

Make sure you have a setlist and rehearse it plenty of times before your show.

Dunno what kind of music you play but good luck, anyone chirps you tell em to fuck off.

12. Imagine everyone in the crowd naked

Boner during first gig