Im pissed

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbIsGood, Jul 14, 2009.

1. :mad::mad:

Ok...so some of you may have read a while back that I wrecked my parents car on accident. We were pulling out of my driveway (me and a buddy) after we had smoked 2 bowls and I didnt realize that he had parked his car at an angle to my garage. So I hit his car.

So anyway, yeah I realize this is my fault, the last thing I need right now is a bunch of 'responsible' know alls to come on here and discipline me on how stupid my actions were. I realize what I did, I realize it was fucking stupid and I'm gonna fix it.

So my parents car is gonna be 1608 bucks. Its a brand new 2010 toyota corolla and I'm gonna pay it all (Im working hard on getting a job now).

I just got a call from my buddy who said that he had the money to pay for his car and he goes 'hey man jsut wondering how the car thing is going?' I figured he was asking as a friendly curious question and outta nowhere he pulls this "well my car is still broke man..so..what are we gonna do about this? I mean its gonna be like 2000 bucks."

I don't see how in the fuck its gonna be that much because his car is a 1995 or something range rover and the only thing wrong with it is a dented bumper at the corner and a knocked off tail light metal guard. I'm sure it might be a few hundred at the most.

I know that I'm responsible for his car cause I DID hit it, but this is what makes me mad; this is a guy who is two TOTALLY DIFFERENT people when hes high and when hes sober. When we crashed that car while we were high he was laughing and he was like 'yeah man don't worry i'll pay for it cause I know you got a lot of shit on your back already." so I was under the assumption that that was one less thing I have to worry about. And now he just calls me and is a complete dick about the situation and is asking for money? On top of that I think hes asking for WAY more than his car is worth because he doesnt have a job nor does he plan on getting one so I'm guessing that he's gonna try and get a 'quote' and tell me its like 1500$ so he has money to buy weed for the rest of the year.

Idk. It just pisses me off and I had to rant.

Disclaimer: I realize I was irresonsible and I WILL pay him what is due but that was just a shot outta nowhere and it kinda pisses me off that I may have to pay TWICE as much as I figured I would. :mad:

2. oh and BTW the car that my parents own has WAYYYY more damage than his car. And its only 1608. He said his car would be probably 1000-2000 bucks. Thats why I think hes lying.

3. #3 ehmthree, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    parts labor and paint could easily reach 1k on a range no matter the age. being all the parts are oem.

none the less, that's a pretty big dbag move on his part.

4. My parents car is FUCKED UP. And its brand new (2010) and only 1608. His car is like literally 1/10th of the damage. He doesn't have any new parts to put on because the only "part" that came off is a metal guard for the tail light which eh still has (another reaosn it pissed me off that he acts like he needs new parts). On top of that its a super old car so Im sure you could find some old junkyard parts for extremely cheap. His car doesn't have enough damage to require lots of new paint if any at all. Its hardly scratched. He's being outrageous with his request especially after saying that I wouldn't have to worry about it.

But yeah man, thanks for your sympathy I appreciate it, really. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels it was a bit lame on his part.

5. Tell him to get an estimate.

or could your parents be telling you a lower number to be a bit easy on you?

6. get a written estimate from your friend. I know shits expensive, but bumpers are easy to replace. If it was a panel/fender I would understand, but because it's not it sounds like your friends trying to get money out of you. Just get a written estimate from him.

Was your friend in the car with you when you backed out?

This was the story when you were home alone right?

did your friend warn you he was parked behind you or was it just your careless backing up? :confused:

7. Hey yeah, I didn't think of that. Did he park behind you so his bumper was sticking out behind your car?

I would say that is a 50/50 accident in regards to his car. Tell him to fix that him self.

8. i think he should fix his shit, hes the one that cant park for shit.

9. Damn how fast were you going? I'm by no means a mechanic but I didn't think the speeds of pulling out of a driveway would be enough to cause $3000 in damage :eek:

10. Yes he parked behind me so that his bumper was sticking out behind my car. Anybody would have hit it because it was literally impossible to miss the way you have to pull out of my driveway.

I told him to get me an estimate and he was like 'alright man I'll do that but I think its gonna be a shitload of money..up to 2000.' But yeah I'll get that clarified.

Yes he waqs in the car with me when I backed out.

This is the story when I was home alone

He didn't tell me he was parked behind me and his car was parked in such a way that his bumper was like sticking out in the 'lane' that I was pulling out of from my garage. Its hard to explain but my driveway is a STEEP hill and when I back out I have to turn in order to not hit the retainer wall which is like 10 inches from the entrance to the garage. His car was parked at an angle so as soon as I turned the wheel the cars hit. I was careful backing up and I looked behind me but I didnt see his car because it was the middle of the night.

11. BTW I forgot to mention that when he came to my house he was high off his ass and (if you didn't read) parked very shitty.

12. Maybe 15 mph? The reason for it is as soon as you pull out of my driveway you are on a big hill so you have to press the gas pretty hard in order for the car to pull out. We have a basketball goal right next to our garage and the car always comes close to hitting it when we pull out and when I felt the car 'bump' I thought the front bumper was stuck on the end of the basketball goal which made me press a bit harder to break free of it hoping I only scratched the front. That was stupid and it was my mistake.

13. Just tell your friend to provide you with a written estimate from the mechanic. That's how you know if he's lying or not.