Im not religous and im not an athiest

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GoneWithTheSmok, Jul 1, 2012.

1. i just dont fucking know, i have zero fucking clue if any or all religions are correct. im not religious because i dont practice religious beliefs but im not an athiest because i dont claim that there isnt a God. i just have no idea, does anybody feel the same way?b

2. Sounds like your kinda an agnostic, I'm the same way

3. That's kinda how my parents are. Nothin' wrong with it.

4. agnostic. Welcome to the club.

Religious----------------Agnostic---------------Athiest

I'm between Agnostic and Athiest...

5. Sounds like you're not buying what religious people are selling and you have a lack of belief in God.

6. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']agnostic. Welcome to the club.

Religious----------------Agnostic---------------Athiest

I'm between Agnostic and Athiest...[/quote]

Same im agnostic but leaning more to atheist then religious

7. Ive got my own religion. The church is way wrong, Jews are wrong, buddhists are close, Hinduism is close. But none are really correct in my experience. My third eye is so awake its not even funny, so I have really strongly held beliefs. It's just easier to believe in my own way of life. God likes my religion too. I just call my religion positivity. It makes the world a better place.

8. to tell the truth when i go on TV and i ever see an athiest and a christian argueing i hate both of them, neither of them know if they are correct or not. again i believe the chance that there is a God is the same as th possibility that there isnt a God. there really isnt more evidence that one of them is true.

9. [quote name='"GoneWithTheSmok"']
    to tell the truth when i go on TV and i ever see an athiest and a christian argueing i hate both of them, neither of them know if they are correct or not. again i believe the chance that there is a God is the same as th possibility that there isnt a God. there really isnt more evidence that one of them is true.[/quote]
    Hate is a strong word, they're just discussing their beliefs, that's something I like to do.. do you hate me? I've never met a Gnostic Atheist (claiming to Know God doesn't exist ), religious people tend to claim absolute knowledge and also are typically more close minded ( not open to other possibilities, their knowledge is absolute ).

I think there's a chance God exists but he may not, I'm still lacking a belief in a God but I'm open to possibilities, meaning I'm an agnostic atheist.. by the way you're headed you'll probably be one, one day as well. You may even be one now.

Also for the evidence thing, in a discussion like this you won't really have 'evidence' for either side. When talking about God you're literally dealing with something supernatural or outside the realm of evidence and reality. If you're going to try to disprove God.. you won't.. you can't prove something doesn't exist.

10. your right hate isnt at all what i meant, i just dont like it when people claim they know for fact, because like you said you cant have any good evidence to support either side

11. #11 shaddytheman, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
    Maybe you're an apatheist

Apatheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be honest, I don't really give a fuck about religion. Ever since I was an child, I've been forced and shoved to follow the demands and principles of religious teachings, forced bible studies and started to make me less interested the more and more it happened, I guess it's because I'm actually interested in spirituality in digging deeper into the sub-conscious of the human mind rather by going to strict rules.

Also I tend to question things, so my curiosity seems to arises me with rational thoughts to why should I listen to what this man is preaching, guess cause I'm above the average IQ but also able to see things in multiple perception rather than a close view.

12. The best thing to do is pickup a Bible. BUT! Make sure you get a Bible in today's terms, if you find one that even has some slang in it, it can actually be enjoyable and even funny at times - while still being educational. The problem is people pickup a Bible written in old language and it's hard to understand, and boring.

If you start to not like it, then put the book down and forget it. It'll always be there to pickup again should you change your mind. Who knows, maybe you will find some things - a new look on things you've never imagined.

13. [quote name='"PassTheGrass"']Ive got my own religion. The church is way wrong, Jews are wrong, buddhists are close, Hinduism is close. But none are really correct in my experience. My third eye is so awake its not even funny, so I have really strongly held beliefs. It's just easier to believe in my own way of life. God likes my religion too. I just call my religion positivity. It makes the world a better place.[/quote]

Same! I have my OWN beliefs about everything, I don't have to be forced to believe something and limit my mind because of a mainstream religion or any religion for that matter. I have respect for everybody's beliefs but honestly, most atheists are just so negative and they bash on people too much. Atheism isn't about hate, people! If you were truly atheist you wouldn't even care what a Christian or a Muslim had to say. Wow.... went off there. Anyways, yeah I'm more agnostic than anything but I have no name for my religion. I call it my mind:)

14. [quote name='"ChevyBLAZER420"']The best thing to do is pickup a Bible. BUT! Make sure you get a Bible in today's terms, if you find one that even has some slang in it, it can actually be enjoyable and even funny at times - while still being educational. The problem is people pickup a Bible written in old language and it's hard to understand, and boring.

If you start to not like it, then put the book down and forget it. It'll always be there to pickup again should you change your mind. Who knows, Maybe you will find some things and a new look on things you've never imagined.[/quote]

I'm glad you're always kidding tee hee hee

15. #15 ChevyBLAZER420, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
    Yes :) Just trying to help OP. The one thing you do not do is push your view on someone. Let the dude find out himself. You can't make a decision if you don't attempt to read the good book. Your acting off of ignorance then. (Lack of knowlege)

It's like saying weed sucks, yet you've never smoked. You don't believe in God, but yet you don't know anything about him.

And I'm speaking in general when I say "you" not anyone in particular or any group, some do know about the Bible and have gone to church and choose to follow otherwise. No biggie in my eyes, whatever makes you happy.

I just tried to make a helpful post.

16. [quote name='"ChevyBLAZER420"']

Yes :) Just trying to help OP. The one thing you do not do is push your view on someone. Let the dude find out himself. You can't make a decision if you don't attempt to read the good book. Your acting off of ignorance then. (Lack of knowlege)

It's like saying weed sucks, yet you've never smoked. You don't believe in God, but yet you don't know anything about him.

And I'm speaking in general when I say "you" not anyone in particular or any group, some do know about the Bible and have gone to church and choose to follow otherwise. No biggie in my eyes, whatever makes you happy.

I just tried to make a helpful post.[/quote]

yeah, I see what you mean man, I've read the bible twice now, gone to church a couple three times, and just... can't bring myself to believe in some creator.

However, I think the big bang is as far fetched as saying some god made everything. I just don't know how we got here, and I doubt we will ever figure it out.

17. I personaly think religion is a complete joke. I was born in a Christian family and it all just sounds ignorant. But that's just me.

18. I'm a complete agnostic, leaning towards theism but I never really display that in public because I don't want to create conflicts in impossible sectors of discussion.

So what I do instead is I create the most far-fetched (Christianity, anyone? :D) and I display it as fervently as I possibly can, telling people not to repress my ability to have my own religion.

I actually find it quite difficult to find a theory that is so far-fetched that I can't sell it, and when you've done that you realise that the whole thing is a big joke really. Like God put himself in a position that everyone would argue about it and never be able to succinctly explain his existence/non-existence and therefore there'd be perpetual conflict unless we were able to overcome such boundaries of defining our own perceptions.

:eek: Just had a 'Eureka' moment here people.

19. if there is a God he probally has some crazy ass complex plan like this to ultimitely form humans into a super species or something, thatd be crazy.

20. Can I be a co founder? No? Okay.

My religious beliefs are summed up like this: Do good.