I'm NOT proud to be an American.

Discussion in 'General' started by jimbobbybob, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I'm a patriot to what our country was founded on, which is why I'm voting for Dr. Paul... and it seriously has nothing to do with legalizing bud, but I will admit that is what got me into hearing the guy out on other things, and I do agree with most of what he has to say, some things I'm not so sure about...but for the most part I feel he's for the people, I mean he's old, he lived his life, and now he's looking to help the future of the world rather than making bank and getting power.
    I wouldn't doubt that if congress could get rid of the bill of rights with no chaos as a result, most would be for it... the honest guy never wins until it doesn't matter anymore, or so it seems.

2. #22 JsONLY, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    true statement, one of our biggest problems is American political figures not being able to admit when they are wrong and compromise and when one person finally stands up and tries to compromise they are ripped apart by their peers for "abandoning" the parties beliefs when really they are just supposed to be guidlines for the party, not law. you are for sure right that we need huge systematic changes but my point was just that we can't sit around and just hate on America and not do anything about it. Maybe join the Wall Street occupation if you've been following that, thats something that we could all partake in that actually looks like it has potential to change something.

3. Don't hate on the greatest country earth. The ideas it stands for are awesome. As for the government no one is perfect.

4. That's not an excuse in politics, it's about being honest rather than than being good at it. That's the same as saying no one is perfect to the fact that the FDA works for industry, rather than the people.

5. #25 shestones, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011

I honestly only know one person who is very self-involved. It seems like you're around a lot of shitty people (no offense). Because all of the people I surround myself with are well rounded and can admit it if they're wrong, they appreciate help and are just all around good people in my opinion. Sure there are a lot of shitty people around me, but I don't associate with them any more than neccessary. There are good people and there are bad people, that's anywhere you go. Sure our gov't is corrupt, but what gov't isn't? Does that make it ok? No, but that's how it is. Everywhere, not just here. You can sit back and bitch about it or do something. We help out other countries when they need it, we aren't completely self-involved. And everybody blames the US for everything and expects us to have all the answers, but when talking about world powers we are the youngest country. We don't have all the answers, countries that were around way before us don't have the answers, but yet other countries always come to us expecting us to know.

Idk maybe I'm just a die hard American and maybe I'm completely wrong, but that's just how I feel about things. Tell me if I'm wrong though

6. [quote name='"stinksgood"']Please do not let the current condition of our country dissuade you from patriotism. Now that you are aware of some of the problems, join one of the many groups combating the issues you have raised.

To many people expect America to just be great, forgetting that it is and has been we the people who are responsible for educating each other and building this country up to be a super power.

Where ever you go in the world you will take yourself with you. Picture countries like the houses on your block. Each house has problems though they may not be the same problem. Just because you run next door doesn't mean you will be any less stressed. You just might be stressing a new set of problems. If you are really upset about the way things are running I would strongly encourage you to educate those around you and begin affecting positive change rather than quitting because it's hard.[/quote]

Ty this guy knows what's up if you see problems and do nothing you're part of the problem, is running away really gonna fix anything other countries have problems too

7. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

8. Also just let me state that a citizen of the US complaining about how shitty it is here should take a trip to a 3rd world country (which most of the world is) you damn well better thank whoever you believe in that you live in a 1st world country where you don't get 10 years for a gram of the good stuff.

9. I can agree with ya man, i Hate this country, ill never vote, i dont care about any political aspects, but mostly i hate the way people act in this country, they care about the wrong things. EVeryone lies to make themselves appear better, instead of actually just being better. People are lazy and inconsiderate, everyones afraid to be judged so much now that youll never know someones true personality. I say fuck this country and what it stands for, and all the other countries as well.

10. ^ uhh that's not just america you just described the entire human race.

11. Do you have food in your belly? Is there a jackbooted government thug kicking in your door right now for expressing your opinion? No?

America IS imperfect and far too much power IS held by far too few. But, that being said, there are still many reasons why this country is great and people tend to forget those reasons.

12. im not proud to be an american either

13. The key is not be proud of anything imo.I just exist on a rock floating through space...In the end does it matter? Nope

14. Never understood the whole patriotism thing. How can one be proud of being born somewhere? There's no choice in the matter.
    All countries have their pros and cons, I'd say the US scale tips more towards the pros side personally.

15. Your Words Reflect Your Character | Little Things Matter

You say people are lazy liars who care about the wrong things. You go on to say that because you don't like the set up you can't step up to affect change. Then you proclaim your hatred of this country because of said people. Ironic.

16. This is how some people in this thread have made me feel. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7xMpnYtU84]Merle Haggard - Fightin' Side of Me - YouTube[/ame]

17. Yeah, really contributing to the thread here...ive seen you do this a lot, and its lame.

I fuckin love my country, yeah, we get shit wrong a lot, but the freedom we experience here is amazing as compared to the rest of the world. Id like to see all you kids, who sit here comfortably and whine about how terrible of a nation we are go live in a 3rd world country for a bit.

things have gotten pretty lame here (our political system is mostly to blame) but i think were at a tipping point with the direction our country is headed.

Either...

Congress will continue to be disfunctional, and pass bullshit law after bullshit law, hindering our freedoms and effectively making us a police country.

Or.

We strp up, let the government know were not down for this interventionist, greedy system and we do something about it.
    Occupy is turning into a legit movement, get off your asses and contribute.

18. It saddens me to see people who despise our country or even have a little distaste for our government. Sure it's corrupt, but at least our government doesn't force us to have a picture of Obama in every house. At least we are allowed some freedom. At least we have the comfort of lodging and cultivated food.

Please, if you don't like this country, go move to North Korea.

19. steezyDAT likes this

20. So your not proud to be American because the people running it are greedy? The fuck?