I'm NOT proud to be an American.

Discussion in 'General' started by jimbobbybob, Nov 25, 2011.

1. #1 jimbobbybob, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    Lately I've been doing my research on drugs, vaccinations, government officials...what have you, never realized what a corrupt country I live in, no wonder every country hates Americans. I understand that it's not only the United States that is greedy, but I wouldn't argue that the United States is the most greedy. In my opinion, Germany knows their shit...every German I've met (not many, maybe 20) are all very educated and just great people... anyway for there to be a point to this thread rather than a rant, anyone ever been to Germany? I've only heard and read good things about the country...thinking that my future life could be there after my degree, any thoughts on the matter

P.S. - Happy Thanksgiving!

So everyone knows, my anger has LITTLE to do with the current condition of the United States, it has MORE to do with what has been going on for the past 50-100 years.

2. Happy Thanksgiving!

3. America has it's problems but so does every other country, even germany. We're trying our best! Noones telling you to be go around spreading your american pride, but our country is not terrible. Whether we are somewhat greedy or not, america tries to help other countries as well. And not everybody hates americans.

4. Ja, ich habe in Deutschland gewesen. Deutschland ist großartig!

Go. You won't regret it. :)

But to be fair, most educated individuals don't "hate America", they are opposed to certain foreign policies your government enacts. Big difference.

Cheers!

5. Please do not let the current condition of our country dissuade you from patriotism. Now that you are aware of some of the problems, join one of the many groups combating the issues you have raised.

To many people expect America to just be great, forgetting that it is and has been we the people who are responsible for educating each other and building this country up to be a super power.

Where ever you go in the world you will take yourself with you. Picture countries like the houses on your block. Each house has problems though they may not be the same problem. Just because you run next door doesn't mean you will be any less stressed. You just might be stressing a new set of problems. If you are really upset about the way things are running I would strongly encourage you to educate those around you and begin affecting positive change rather than quitting because it's hard.

6. True but at least Bowie is afraid of us.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKNd22GGaQ]David Bowie (feat Nine Inch Nails) - I'm Afraid Of Americans - YouTube[/ame]

OP I would also recommend you get your degree and visit several countries before picking one to permanently relocate too.

7. I'm with you guy, I've never been proud to be an American, and never will be. The things this country does, just to sustain its form of parasitic "living" and surviving is absolutely fucking sickening. Impoverishing countries with our world banking cartels, kids barely 18 dying so billionares can make more money off of wars. Fuck the "war on drugs" motherfucker lets start the war on poverty. We are in a country where we are ruled by the 1%, where our lives are given value based on paper. fuckin sickening.

8. I lived in Switzerland when i was young and traveled to Germany occasionally... nice country with great people.

I'd definitely say Germany would be a good choice, but i havent done my research... Im fairly certain a decent amount of users on the site are out from/living in Germany, hopefully some stop by this thread.

9. I mean don't get me wrong, there are good people in the United States, just not enough of them. Most people I know only care about themselves, even some of my family members are like that.

Also it's not so much as about what's going on now, it's more about what has been going on for the past 50-100 years (not just cannabis stuff) but everything. I seriously feel that the United States government only cares about money and wants us to be stupid, ignorant people, but that is just my opinion.

10. Use that for change. I am with you on the it is sickening front. I'm loving the war on poverty part also. Through education in the mix and it sounds like you have a platform for change.

11. Real education though, teach the ACTUAL history of earth in schools, Stop brainwashing the adolescents, so eager to listen to what you have to say, so gullible. The current school system was put in place by the Rockefellers to create a "more passive and obeying work force". I see modern schools as factories, pumping out mindless robots eager to serve the hand that feeds them lies. It's sad, they have no chance..

12. Clearly you don't know what america is then.

13. We are reading the same paragraph. I'm looking for ways to instigate real positive change currently.

14. Sorry i had to

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0OqHr3wHQ"]If you don't like america, you can git out - YouTube[/ame]

15. The people who came to America and founded the country did so to escape unfair taxation (among other things).
    Now we're all paying taxes on this ridiculously expensive drug war to bust ourselves smoking pot.
    Yeah, America sucks...

16. I personally think when your country is currently in the shitter that instead of just hating on your country and talking about moving away that if you are a true patriot you would try to start movements to change it.

“That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness...."

17. Very nice first post you.

18. I'm pretty sure the point of this thread is that the guy is NOT a patriot.
    Your post is not relevant.;)

19. I do try and make a difference, but it doesn't work. I offer help to people when I can, and they take it as an insult. Peoples' minds are so set on what they believe, some bitch told me that weed shouldn't be legal because there's no proper way to tax it... then I tore her a new one, but she couldn't admit she was wrong... and I feel that's the main problem this WORLD has, people will NOT admit when they are wrong... pride tears this world apart, along with greedy of course :p