Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im not going to pass, but will they check?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StonedSkipper, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Just took a comprehensive metabolic blood test for health reasons. If my parents ask about thc when the results come in will they have tested for it even if the test was not for drugs?Thanks.

2. It's confidential, unless you are under 16 the doctor has to keep his/her mouth shut

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. yes, under 16

4. Unless it was checking for drugs it wouldnt show drugs.

5. ..you're going to be grounded.

:lol:

6. I'm 18 but still under my parents' insurance etc so I didn't know if since they paid they could ask. Thanks for the help.

7. Got this from here:

"Blood tests, unlike urinalysis, detect the presence of illicit drugs, not inactive drug metabolites. In general, THC only remains detectable in the blood of cannabis consumers for a few hours (though low, residual levels may be detected in chronic smokers for up to 12-24+ hours if more sensitive technology is used). Because of this narrow detection window, blood tests are typically only administered in the workplace post-accident in order to estimate recent cannabis consumption. Therefore, most after-hours consumers have little to fear from a blood screen."

8. Well..... I smoked 8 hours before the test and hadn't eaten a anything but a handful of cheetoes in over 24 hours so I'm assuming that it would show up if it was tested for. Thanks for the info I'll definitely have to remember that.