im new to growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by litemeupafatty, Mar 18, 2011.

1. hey everyone, i just started thinking about growing some weed in my closet and i only wanna grow one plant at a time til i get my own place (cuz i live with my dad and i dont want if to find it [even tho he smokes to:smoke:]). i have been doing alot of research over the past 2 days and i get the basics but i still have some questions.

well to start my closet space is L:2'2'' x W:1'1 1/2" x H4'3'' is that enough space for 1 plant? the walls are already painted a dull white so i know i dont have to worry about that.

i just baught a florescent bulb thats 26 watts, it says the light output is 1750 lumens and i dont know if thats enough for one plant. i wanna veg and flower it with the same bulb if i can.

i havent baught any potting soil yet but im gonna get soil that has fertilizer mixed in it. now do i have to fertilize it every time i water the plant? i know i have to use fertilizer thats like 20-20-20 while its vegging and like 14-20-14 while its flowering.

can i change my plant from veg to flowering when it gets to 12 inches or do i have to wait til it gets to 24 inches? i wanna flower it as soon as possible.

the only vent i have is when i open the door to look at the plant or water it, im hoping that will give it enough CO2. i have a small fan that im gonna put in there as well so i can get air movement in the closet and plus theres gaps all around the door so CO2 can get in that way.

so if you pros could help me out that'd be great.:wave:

2. oh and im just using some seeds that i got from this mid weed.

3. Try to get 100w per plant. Currently I am growing one plant, I'm using 6 23w CFL's (daylight spectrum for veg and soft white for flowering).

4. well could i just use like 2 lights, im not trying to get alot on my first grow i just wanna get at least enough for a few bowl packs, just so i can say this is weed i grew lol