Im new to growing and im new to this site shttp://cloudimages.o i need you guy's help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LoudPackMars, Jul 1, 2011.

1. I wanna kno how often im supposed to give the plant new soil. I kno you do it after veg but I need to know if i need to change it more often

2. While plants can outgrow their containers, the soil doesn't necessarily go bad. As long as it has room for root growth, and is fed & watered properly, a plant can stay in its soil until it dies of old age.

Seedlings and clones don't get nutrients, so they grow in a fairly inert medium like seed starter soil, rockwool or peat. Once clones are rooted and seedlings begin growing their 3-bladed leaves, they're transplanted into nutritious soil. Before flowering starts, they're usually moved into pots big enough to finish in.

You can always pull a plant from its container to check the roots for binding, if you're unsure about whether it needs to be transplanting. When the roots start swirling in circles around the bottom edge, they need to be transplanted. Always check roots under dim lighting.

3. You dont ever have to. Nor do you have to after you veg. My seeds go right from solo up to there final pot. Grows just fine.

After a month or so most of the nutes in the soil are gone..thats why we use nutes to replenish the soil.

Its like farming. Back in the day they did crop rotation alot so the old plants could be mulled back into the soil and you grow something new so it does not suck the same nutes out and kill the soil. Today farms use a crap load of fertilizers to replenish there soil and some farms literally have used the same soil for decades. My uncle owns livestock corn fields up in Kansas. Same soils been there since I was a kid. He massively adds nutes to the soil to rejuvenate it.