Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm new here and have a general question.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HerbalThrill, Dec 28, 2009.

1. I already have the recommendation/prescription from a doctor. I am considering moving to San Diego Cali and getting the state card or w/e it is called. I have a mild form of skin cancer(*gasp* don't worry its not life threatening or anything) but I am kind of paranoid and I really don't leave my house all that much. I keep hearing about these dispensaries or "clubs" or whatever. Is there a limit to how much you can buy from them? I mean im not talking about 20 pounds or anything. But can I get like a pound? When I browse these crappy websites for them all i see is prices up to an ounce usually.

Isn't there some board/forum somewhere for all the legit growers/clubs in cali basically spamming prices and strains? Does it just vary club by club on how much you can get? I dont get how this legal mess works...sorry Ima noob.

If anyone here had some links to prices/weight in the San Diego area/Cali in general or any recommendations on where to go once I get moved there and get my card(already have the doctors side of it, just have to register with the state and pay the fee) I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Why would you need a lb of weed for medicinal purposes?

3. yeah just get an ounce at a time or something.

4. sounds pretty wack to me...^^this..i mean its legal weed so your not gonna catch any breaks buying it by the pound i mean those shops sell it all the way out so you might as well just buy the onion at a time then you can get fresh shit instead of letting a pound just sit around for a few people to smoke on.....and if your thinknig about selling it you might as wel forget it necause you get caught and you can kiss your card goodbye..oh and they are raising the terror level due to the recent plane attack so the mail will be watched very closely so you cant send any to your buds back home either....all in all if your genuinely scared of going out side alot i would buy ounces at a time and start growing somehow...indoors of course then your problem is solved.

5. If you move to San Francisco there is a service which will deliver to your home.:)

6. I don't want to get raped on the prices. You buy more you pay less, that is life. That is why. And its more like recreational use with a medicinal excuse. So yea...thanks for not answering my question.

7. well obviously you have burnt yourself to oblivion or are just really tired and cant read because i specificly said in my previous post which is approximately six inches above this one that These shops are not going to break it down for you like a street dealer would..when you buy twenty cheesburgers is it cheaper..NO its a buisness they pay bills and taxes and what not and actually incurr alot more expenses then your average punk so hopefully i have assisted in broadining your understanding...no bad blood meant but damn its early.

8. Why not just grow your own?

9. thats not true u can buy a pound from a club and the hook u up but i would only buy 8 onces at a time cuz thats how much u can have on u in some countys you can have more but the lowest is 8 so i would stay with that so u dont get pulled over and lose your card and your bud that would suck

10. ok think about this for a second..a pawn shop sells you a gun knowing that you are not aloud to carry that gun loaded..you then walk next door and rob the bank now not only do you get prosecuted but so does the pawn shop owner for selling you the damn gun....works the same with weed if your county only aloud eight ounces then they cannot by law sell you more then what you are legally aloud to walk out onto the street with...so i do see your point smoker and i appologize for making blanket statements that could potential confuse someone.

11. #11 TheDankery, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
    There's a medical marijuana section with FAQs.

But you may buy a couple ounces per day. I hear delivery services are good in the area.

12. sorry for the double post but i found a good link... Dr. Bob Blake M.D. pretty much controls all the MMJ recomendations for LA, San Diego, And Orange Counties... Also from reading hisrticles San Diego is one of the toughest place to live with MMJ because there DA has tried to appeal to the supreme court in such a way to not honor the states laws on MMJ of course the Supreme Court ruled against him and required that he honor the law but anyhow here is the link about all of this mess check it out...Medical Marijauna Cards San Diego, California - Dr. Bob Blake - CALL 1.888.215.HERB

13. Yeah, SD is one of the more anti-medical marijuana regions of California. But there are signs that is improving somewhat.

There are some options for MMJ patients, but they're sort of... err, kept on the down-low in certain ways, ya know what I mean? You always have delivery services or... just buying off the street.

14. Thanks

15. Guys, this dude although he mostly tokes recreationally, could USE a large amount of cannabis! According to Rick Simpson, hemp oil/Phoenix oil can remove/cure skin cancers. Hon, take a look at "Run From The Cure" - it's all over U-tube and the net. To support Simpson's claim, here are some interesting scientific studies-

Inhibition of skin tumor growth and angiogenesis in vivo by activation of cannabinoid receptors
    Journal of Clinical Investigation -- Inhibition of skin tumor growth and angiogenesis in vivo by activation of cannabinoid receptors

Cannabis Reduces Skin Cancer
    Cannabis reduces skin cancer

Over at Green Passion, there is a recipe for making smaller amounts of hemp oil. Give me a moment........Making HAO~Holy Annointing Oil~From Healing Hemp Oil~for Pain & Healing - GreenPassion.org - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation and Education There are several posts about hemp oil at GP, so look around for more info.

As for prices- run a search on the net for "cannashops" or "weedtracker" - many dispensaries advertise on those sites.

Most of the local shops won't sell you over one ounce per day.

Granny :wave:

16. There's a few of those here San Diego, as well.

There are plenty of medical clubs that are starting to sprout back up again. If you decide to make the move, pick up a Reader magazine as soon as you can. They're free and can be found all over, and contain at least two pages of advertisement for various doctors and clubs.

Good luck bro!

17. Thank you very much.

18. never thought that but i never had to worry about it i was just saying that i no poeple that buy pound from clubs and get hook up cuz nobody will pay 4,400 for a pound

19. 4400 an lbs holy schnitkies thats insane i loose my mind if i have to pay more than 1500 for solid ass mids man wow i just cant wrap my head around that insanity im pretty stoned to which makes it worse...lol

20. OK let's get back to the entire point of the thread shall we?

First off, besides being shady as all get out - YES there is a limit to how much you can purchase at a club, and also how much you as a patient can have at any given time, that limit is, IIRC 8 ounces. You will not be able to purchase a pound in ANY dispensary or club in California.

Secondly - there are definitely price breaks when you purchase larger quantities of meds. Most often at the ounce level.

Thirdly and most important IF YOU AREN'T A PATIENT AND YOU HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT GOES ON IN DISPENSARIES OR CLUBS THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP. Speculating about shit you have no clue about doesn't help anyone. I don't care if you're stoned or not, if you have no clue then go to some other part of the board and spout off your babble there.

FINALLY if you're a medical patient don't talk about "pushing weight" or anything that is remotely related to trafficking. It's just bad karma and bad form.