Im just not cut out for dating?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SqueezetheGrape, Sep 23, 2013.

1. #1 SqueezetheGrape, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    This isnt a pathetic post about how I cant find a girl or how I suck with women. My game isnt 100% top notch, but I consider myself a good looking guy with an attractive personality and ive clearly had females interested in me on a regular basis. Im a 21 year old dude living on his own with a decent paying job. 

But I just feel like...im either not ready to be going around and dating at this point in my life or im just not cut out for it straight up. here are a few reasons.

1.Bad experiences: I put a lot of this on myself for choosing shitty women. But I would say a good 60% (if not more) of women ive been involved with have cut themselves, have had daddy issues, have massive insecurities, or a combination of all these things. These issues have resulted in me dating women who are crazy, who love to feed off my kindness and unselfishness, yet show no equal unselfishness in return, or theyre straight up hoes.

2.I dont enjoy being around my girlfriend so damn much. I have had 4 serious commitments in my life where we are officially monogamous. And after each one of them ended, it left me very exhausted and incredibly happy to be alone for a period of time. Ill usually go months without any need to date or even have sex. Its different with friends, because they have their own lives and their own shit to take care of. But with a gf...its like you gotta worry about their life too. You gotta make sure youre always caring and always showing enough affection so they wont feel unloved. And sometimes i feel like i cant provide that for a long period of time.

3. I feel like in todays society, most people (mainly women it seems like) partake in "serial monogamy". They just bounce around from relationship to relationship. By doing this, it makes them not feel like a slut. I havent had too many exs, but whenever ive dated a new girl her list of exs seems massive compared to mine. And yes they always seem to bring that up, which sort of puts me off because i feel like another notch in the ole chain of boyfriends. giving myself to a commitment such as this seems pointless, because it seems like its more of a game, or im just the current dude filling her ego and need for validation. 

4.I get caught up over women too easily. Dont get me wrong, I can cut them off if need be, but that doesnt mean that they arent polluting my mind. I have gotten better at it, but when shit goes sour with a female who im particularly interested in, it sort of manifest in my mind and brings my mood down. why would i want this? especially since most girls i date are most likely gonna end up this way.

which brings me to my 5th reason

5. In a world where most people are talking to multiple people at once and weighing out their options, I seem to lack the energy to talk to more than one female of interest. i have juggled women (not ones i was committed to) and it requires a lot of work. a lot of fucking texting (which I cant stress how much i hate). texting is a quick way to tell somebody where im at or whats going on, not to have these stupid ass convos with females and make sure that i dont text back too quickly or come off too desperate.

6.Most of the time im completely fine with knowing that i can charm a woman and see her melt over me and not even so much as go for the number. her flirtiness and clear signs of her being attracted to me boost my ego enough to where anything past that is merely work that im too lazy to do. Just knowing that i still have my charm seems like its enough to me...

All in all dating seems like a lot more fuckin work and comes with a lot more bullshit than it does benefits. But im a dude in his 20s who obviously has sex on his mind and has a knack for seeing hot women even when i dont try to. So am i in a damned if i do damned if i dont situation? Am i somehow wasting the best years of my life by not chasing down pussy and playing some giant game that everyone seems in on? Am i a "romantic" personality that doesnt seem to fit in todays dating society? is it lack of maturity on the womens part in my age or is it a lack of maturity on my side?

any insight would be great! thanks! 

2. OP must be gay.

3. I am in the same boat you are bro!

4. You just gotta find the right girl man, it seems like you've made some bad decisions when it comes to getting into relationships with girls.

5. Broham..broseph...bromigo.., kill that romantic side of you.
    look at the type of guy most women go for..motherfucker don't give a fuuuuck about them beyond having a warm spot to lay his dick.

6. 1379956934788.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Similar situation for the most part.

8. #8 shaddytheman, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah I can totally relate, I used to be a hopeless romantic in H.S. but dropped that as soon as I discovered Maryjane. I consider myself an attractive dude that doesn't have a problem with approaching/getting women but truth to be told, I enjoy my own company and my brain far more than hanging out with the majority of people I encounter. I don't relate to gossip, feelings are neutral and calm, small talk bores the shit out of me since it's limited, I don't act in fallacious behavior, don't have time for pointless arguments (I rather just relax),  don't immediately attach myself to another person, it drains my energy and I rather just chill and be alone for the rest of my life. 

If I found a female that was like me then I'd date but she's just an illusion of my dreams. Might as well, enjoy your youth before your sexual organs become nonfunctional. 

9. I didn't start feeling like you do until I hit my 50's.

10. dude i was sort of this point in high school, things were a little different.....but i never thought id get laid or have a realtionship with anyone worth a shit....not cause i wasnt confident but a lotta people just suck ha

the right girl will come around man.....trust

11. I'm right there with ya OP, #1,3,,4.  most of my exs are just people that can't handle being alone and sleep around for whatever number of reasons, cheating and generally just sleeping around when not in a relationship, which makes me glad to not be with any of them. Idk I wish I could give a lot less of a fuck about girls I've dated and whatnot, call me a hopeless romantic?

12. I agree with a lot of your points. I generally find the whole experience to be bullshit.  If I happen to run into someone awesome will be the day I have a serious relationship...till then I had enough of that BS in high school. If I need to get laid there are prostitutes who are a lot less expensive than a fucking girlfriend...financially and emotionally.

13. My friend kickback release the ores and let the river take you

14. Sorry I hit send too soon. You've put out your rockets of desire. The universe/god hears those and will bring you the right girl at the right time and in the right way. When two souls are meant to be together there is nothing that can stand in the way. She's coming and she's going to be fabulous please be ready.

15. thats the thing. even when i try to just fuck and nothing more its still a lot of drama and bullshit. and playing the game is exhasting. im not cut out for dating or just hooking up.