I'm just at a loss here guys

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ashkat, May 30, 2017.

1. Hey everyone, new grower here.

So here's a bit of an overview of my setup.

I have two tents, a 4x4 for my veg and a 5x5 for my flowering. Right now both tents hold veg plants - i was getting my 3gal plants transitioned for flowering.

The larger 3gals are all northern lights
    and the seedlings are mother of bud and sour diesel
    All of my plants recieve

peak harvest grow 2tsp/g
    peak harvest gold 2tsp/g (calmag)
    fox farms big bloom 2tsp/g
    mammoth p 2ml/g

and are all grown in cococoir.

the seedlings are under a 150w cfl and the 3gal in the 5x5 are under a 300w cfl running on 50%

So I feel as though I have a few separate issues and I have tried incredibly hard to resolve them.

1. A Calmag defincey thadoesn'tnt wanna go away

More than my other issues, this one I've had some good luck dealing with. At least to me, it seems like my plants are starting to recover and regain their lushness. However, it seems to have severely stunted the growth of my plants.

2. The plants in my 5x5 seem to be getting light burnt even though the hps is not turned on high.

???? I have no idea why

3. Aphids // Fungus gnats that love me

I feel as though my plants have been plagued by insects since I started. My tents are in my parent's basement which is not very sanitary; however, it is all I have.

I've been using Captains jacks dead bug brew on them every other day, and recently added neem oil to the concoction. I've also covered the tops with sand and mosquito bits.

4. Basically no growth because of the other issues.

I just don't know what to do now and I could really use some help.

Anything is appreciated. I just got into growing and I really wanna be successful; I just don't exactly what to do.
    20170529_090412.jpg 20170529_090415.jpg 20170529_090417.jpg 20170529_090419.jpg 20170529_090452.jpg 20170529_090503.jpg 20170529_090503(0).jpg 20170529_090535.jpg 20170529_090537.jpg

2. I think you're over feeding them.try 5 mls per gallon at the most.10 mls is slot.Also move further away from plant.it's summer and it gets hot.let a fan blow cool air across the tops.Oh and them leafs are not coming back.look for new growth to show that it's getting better. I'm no pro butt I've been learning.

Sent from my HTC Desire 520 using Tapatalk

3. Do you have them in sand ?

4. Ok so whats the temps in the flower room ?
    Whats the humidity in same room ?

Now id say this is most important. Do you have an EC /ppm stick and also ph pen ?

5. The temps are not high ; stays around 70-75 F and the humidity meter is currently reading at 40%. I have a ph stick and a ppm stick. Ph is always between 5.8 and 6 and ppm is roughly 850 . The tops are covered in sand to prevent more bugs but they are planted in coco coir.

6. I have been battling fungus gnats and heat problems from my hps for a while. For the gnats i have sticky fly traps hanging and they sell stuff that looks like perlite that you put on top of the soil to keep it dry so gnats cant lay larva in your wet soil i have also heard of people useing sand for the same purpose. For your light burn i would sugest geting a full spectrum led they are just as good as hps with not even half the amont of heat. you can pick them up pretty cheap on Amazon i just got a 1000 watt for $100.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Thank you!! I will try that; going to leave the calmag at 10ml because when it was lower the plants were suffering more. I appreciate your help!

8. Thats not light burn as far as i can see. Thats nute burn

9. Do the solo cups have drainage holes? - I don't see any. How often do you feed? Did you pre-charge your coco? Is there perlite mixed with you coco? What's the pH of your run off? What water are you using?

10. Yes, they have drainage holes that are effective on the bottom.
    I feed the seedlings every 3 or so days and the 3gal by weight (usually 4 days apart)
    I did pre charge this coco but only used about 3 tsp of regular calmag - it was all i had left
    I have no perlite. It is 100% coco minus the sand on top

Recently I have not been watering until run off due to insect presence. The water I use goes through an r.o machine !

Thank you!!!!!!

11. I'm not familiar with the nutes you use, so I can't comment on that. Are the nutes made specifically for coco? Nutes for coco have a lot more calcium in them than regular nutes - if you're using r/o then you definitely have to use cal/mag. Coco should be fed to run off everytime - failing to do that will result in possible salt build up and when fed to run off it pulls in fresh oxygen to the root zone - plant roots need oxygen. I start my plants off in a 50/50 coco/perlite mix, and this allows me to feed everyday without the fear of overwatering. Daily feeding with 1/4 strength nutes in coco results in very fast growth. 2 weeks old.
    2 weeks.JPG

12. Home

They have a coco-specific feeding chart.
    Today I'm planning on transplanting my seedlings into a perlite/coco-coir mix so they can start to recover a bit more.

How much calmag would you reccomend charging it with ?

I'm thinking about flushing my plants with plain r/o water today then starting to feed in a day or two again in order to remove the salt build up. Is it okay to just you r/o water ?

I like your idea of smaller feedings.

Instead of feeding :

peak harvest grow 2tsp/g
    peak harvest gold 2tsp/g (calmag)
    fox farms big bloom 2tsp/g
    mammoth p 2ml/g

I plan to just feed
    peak harvest grow 1/2 tsp/g
    peak harvest hold 1tsp/gal (orginally did 1/2 but i had calmag issues so i dont wanna decrease it as quickly)

going to remove fox farms big bloom entirely for now as I feel like I'm just doubling the amount of regular "grow" nutes by including it for now.

Lastly, how much should I water them if I'm doing it daily? Should I still get runoff? It just seems like alot w/o adding perlite to my larger plants. I'm going to snag a few bags today or tomorrow so I can transplant the 3g into a 50/50 mix.

Thank you so so so much again for all the help guys!!!

13. I would say nute burn from the looks of it or too much water. Let the coir get somewhat dry, at that stage you should really only be watering once a week max. Try using 1ml of grow and just cal-mag man, those little guys don't need mammoth P or any bloom formula yet. They barely have 4 sets on them.

As for the flower chamber it's hard to tell whats wrong since it is so damn yellow with the hps in there. Take a better picture with just flash on. let them recover, just water for a week. Light feeding after that. Ditch the sand, you never know what could have been in that sand, maybe anaerobic bacteria or mold.

Never, ever, bring in outdoor plants or soil indoors, it is just bad news waiting to happen and then your whole grow room is for lack of better words, fucked.

14. I don't charge with cal/mag I charge with 1/4 strength nutes.

Never just use water - if you feel you want to flush - use 1/4 strength nutes.

You always feed to run off - it pulls in fresh oxygen to the roots and replenishes the nutes. I always use perlite to my coco mix so I can't advise on when to feed the larger plants - my guess would be every other day until they get a little larger.

The above poster told you to let the coco dry out - that's wrong, it's not soil, it's hydroponics. If you would like to know how I grow from start to finish I have a thread in the Hydroponics/CocoCoir section - Mick's - Coco-KISS-Scrog Method. It might help you.

15. Thank you so much!!! I checked out your guide and my plants are doing much better now :)