Im having surgery and was wondering...

Discussion in 'General' started by Dustin A.Stoner, Sep 8, 2009.

1. So im having surgery in a week, and of course i told my doc i dont smoke. My mom was present, even tho im 19 i just didnt really want her to know.

Anyways i was wondering how long i should wait before i can smoke agian. Im not big into pain pills so i plan on mj being my pain medication.

Thanks guys

2. Are you getting a boob job? lol

I can't tell you when you should stop or start smoking, But I will say that "Marijuana is Harmless".

3. What kind of surgery are you having?

4. just ask the doc when your mom isnt around...
    your life isnt something to play with, you never know if marijuana might have some weird effect on the medication he gives you

5. no new boobies for me...they wouldnt look that good anyways

and i should include the surgery is laproscopic and does not involve my mouth, lungs, or anything else smoking invloves

6. laproscopic bi lateral inguinal hernia repair

"just ask the doc when your mom isnt around...
    your life isnt something to play with, you never know if marijuana might have some weird effect on the medication he gives you"

that is a very good point, i most likely will

oh and i dont really plan on taking the pain pills

7. Trust me. You'll want the pain pills. Just take them, they won't hurt you. Recovering from hernia surgery is quite painful.

8. dude i got hernia surgury before my freshman year of high school. they gave me a ton of codeine, which i forgot to take right before i went to bed for some reason. i woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain i ever had in my life and quickly grabbed the codeine and chugged some of it, getting rid of the pain. trust me you're gonna want to use the pills.

9. alright thanks guys for the advice on the pain pills.

but lets just say for the sake of my question i dont take them, does anyone know how long i should wait before smoking the green again?

10. Are you prone to coughing?

I sure wouldn't want to go into a coughing fit shortly after that procedure

11. Maybe like 2-3 weeks or until the pain is totally gone from the surgery?

Eat edibles in the mean time, if you still wanna get high. Make brownies if possible, man. It shouldn't fuck with your pain meds, but be careful because I am not a doctor.

12. So long as you're not up doing strenuous activities or lifting heavy things until you're healed you'll be good to smoke as soon as you feel like smoking.

Only thing you'll get for a hernia is some kind of opiate. Smoking weed while on the opiates, if you choose to do so, won't do any harm.

13. get the painkillers, then say you took 1 more than the prescribed amount your supposed to and you still felt pain, then go back and tell the doctor the pills arent working. then take those then smoke lol.

14. #14 Dustin A.Stoner, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009
    well i am prone to coughing, i broke my rib about 8 months ago and smoked after that and the coughing sucked!!! lol

so i would just being taking small hits so i dont cough.

so opiates and mj dont react badly together?

EDIT: oh and does anyone know how long before the surgery i should stop smoking?

15. No. They're quite synergistic.

16. I had my tonsils out when I was young so I don't have to worry about hernias.

17. hmmm what? lol i dont really think they affect each other

and thanks lucas

18. they react fucking fantastically actually

19. hmmm i may like this then haha :smoke: