i'm having such a conflict with society

Discussion in 'General' started by hazeydays, Jul 16, 2008.

1. I like to consider myself a man of nature. I would much rather go out and do something, and enjoy life then sit around...I want to travel, and LIVE life rather than prepare myself for it and then attempt to jump into it using what people would call "the system" or college...then job...

it's such a conflict for me because I love my family, i love my school, i love everything around me, but I just don't feel right being here I feel like so much more is out there for me as corny as it sounds...but at the same time I love electronics, I love movies, and being lazy and sitting around doing nothing and my computer and everything and materialistic things (I could easily live without them but I do truly enjoy them, I won't lie)...it's just an odd feeling when I know ill stay in the system when I should really be experiencing life...i dont know this is just a weird rant after seeing Into the Wild...I love movies that can shift my perspective on life even if its only slightly...

I feel like i'm not actually living, but following.

2. do what makes ya happy brudah

3. I know how you feel man,this happens to alot of us.We don't wanna feel like were "under control" you want to do whatever you want at your own free will.My advice to you is just take a vacation,relax go to the beach and smoke a blunt chill.Whether you like it or not were all part of the "system" you just got make the best of it and keep working hard at what you do.Their's no breaks in life,no rest,no time-outs.you just gotta keep working keep studying.w.e you got to do to get through life cuz in the end you wont regret it.

4. I know what you mean. I hate hate hate the idea of living a typical life in a home with a typical job and all that. I think I'd just feel sad and bored. This is why I'm thinking of some day joining the Peace Corps or some other organization. My mom's friend's daughter went to college and became a forensic scientist, but she joined the Peace Corps. She's now staying in Africa for two years. She's had to learn how to take baths in a bucket.

I've always wanted to help out in some way like that, and I think traveling to another country like Africa would be a really nice experience. Maybe it's something you should look into.

Good luck.

5. Once I get my illustration degree I'm hoping to move out near some forests, garden on my own, grow my own weed, and work my own hours doing freelance work. I couldn't stand living like that either.

6. Welcome to life.

:(

7. dude i feel like that too, but i am going to college but thats not a bad thing, cause i think itll help me out and help me get around and expirience life, and do things a lot of other people will never do, right now im going into it as a biology major but that will probablly change who knows maybe ill become an astro physicist. did i spell that right...

8. Precisely the feeling I smoke weed to escape.

Problem is, its only a temporary escape from the monotany of life. :(

9. Aren't we all? Look at the fucked up times we live in, look at this country?

Were basically under attack at all levels

But most of us just keep our heads high and keep pluggin away and try to make some happiness for yourself.

Someone kills themselves every 30 seconds...

10. No NO NO, theres more to it than that, im 21 myself, and at 17 i had the same feelings you do bro, you know what i did? i dropped everything and i left, no questions, very little money i just got up and left my home town, it was drastic and tough in some ways, but if i hadnt done what i did, i dont know where i would be today, so long story short....stick your thumb in the air, head to nice areas( if your on the east coast ocala florida and asheville nc are good places to start) but plz man go explore, meet people, find yourself where ever you may be...despite what most people are saying you can still live off the land, you can live in peace with other people and the land, look into the rainbow family, and gatherings...though every group has its problems, my mind has truely been opened at the 2 rainbow gatherings ive been too. Best of luck brother, i hope you find what your looking for and dont just end up like millions of other zombies(people)....

11. If I had a nickle for every time I thought about running away from society I would have at least a a dollar. I actually got to the point where I was using psychedelics with the hope that I wouldn't come back down. Doesn't work with psychedelics though, once you dose up high with that intention, you are like "shit, I don't want to do this".

12. Life shouldn't have to be that way, and in my opinion doesn't have to if you really have the balls to stand up to it. I think the first step for me is to backpack across country, take everything in, experience new cultures and new people before I immerse myself into the "real" world...I want to feel like i'm LIVING life who it was meant to be lived

it's definitely not impossible to avoid the system, or "the man" it's just hard and requires a lot of effort, and commitment, and i'm getting closer and closer to having that, it's building up

13. George Carlin: Do you realize, that right this second, right now somewhere around the world some guy is getting ready to kill himself. Isn't that great? Statistics show that every year a million people commit suicide. Thats 2800 a day. That's one every thirty seconds.
    [Stares at watch]
    George Carlin: There goes another guy! And I say guy because men are four times more likely than women to commit suicide, even though women attempt it more. So men are better at it. That's something else you gals ought a be working on. Well if you wanna be truly equal you're gonna have to start taking your lives in greater numbers.

Sorry, just had to throw that in there.

In response to the OP, sounds exactly like I've been feeling the past year or so.

14. You just need to listen to what your body and mind are trying to tell you, and let them guide you through life like a pair of antennae

15. But they conflict