I'm gonna have a problem :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bourbonic pleage, Dec 19, 2019.

1. I have a 3x3x5 ft tent. My light hangs down 10 inches. My plants on average are 6-8 inches. My plants are just a month old . I'm still at least The one in The back is 2 months and super cropped and female. None of the others are sexed. They are all topped recently. I will flip to 12/12 in 3 weeks. I'm going to run out of room.... big question !! Should I
    A) buy a new bigger tent , that I really can't afford. And will need to buy a carbon filter in a month.
    B) randomly trash one or 2 if the smaller ones hoping they will be male ( wishful thinking) to make more room.
    C) Should I hold out and scrog it once it becomes almost unmanageable and after I get rid of the males. Much help please :) 20191218_230509.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. In some cases you can adjust it create a different way to have three nights so they are higher up

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well first off wait till all are sexed, I have now 6 left out of 11 plants, there in a 5x7x7.5 foot room with about 5ft clearance to the lights, I will be doing all 6 flowering I. The same space but only have 6 weeks of veg to switch from seed, these will just about hit the light after 9 weeks of flower knowing this strain I have. I would suggest another tent and keep a max of 2 to 3 plants in that tent that have been topped, LST done and scrogged. That should fill that tent well with decent results. That's my opinion. I shoot for a big open area with 4 to 5 foot plants myself. Hope to have my 8ftx12ftx7ft flower room done by next harvest, that gives me room for 8 plants under 2600w hps lighting. That gives me a 1000w hps per 4 plants and the 600w centered with a 3ft UFO open hood to fill in the inner area between the 1000w.

4. This will be my only grow from bag seed . I know the strain. I can only grow 4 where I am so after this one I'll be doing 3 at a time all feminzided from this point . Which is why I'm leaning towards not doing the bigger tent.

5. When I have a problem I smoke weed

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Just keep the veg times down a bit or look into auto strains, some are short bushy high yeild plants so only doing 3 to 4 at a time can be worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Been doing that ;)

8. Rule of thumb is they will stretch between 2 to 3 times their veg height for flowering. You have about 3.5 to 4 feet of head room when factoring in pot height. You should veg until they are about 1.25 to 1.5 feet tall and it'll be right where it needs to be after the stretch ends.

9. Get a another tent the same size and perpetual harvest and veg and flower as you please. It takes a while to dial in the system but once its up and running you'll have bud forever. I have 3 staggered in flower and 6 ( 3 unknown bagseed I dont care about) staggered in veg right now. I harvest 1 in about 3 weeks to be replaced by a vegger. Harvesting another 2 weeks later and so on. Gonna pop new beans in 3 weeks. Havent got mine dialed in yet but Im close.

10. Unfortunately I'm only allowed 4 at one time... but I may consider doing that 2 flower and 2 veg at all times. Only problem is budget and legality

11. That sucks. 4 total? Or 4 flowering? Still worth it regardless if its 2. That way harvest is never far off. We get 6 here but thats too much to flower at one time for me. Too much work. After this run with 3 in a 4×4 I'm cutting it to 2 if seed and maybe 4 if clone.

12. Why not just switch to 12-12 now? No need to wait a month. Sex the plants on the fly. You can clone before you switch, and then just throw out the clones from the plants that are male.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. That's what I did they took too long and never showed preflowers.. so far only one male out of six

14. I would flip like the one poster suggested. Definitely wanna cull the males and any female not worth a shit because its gonna be tight. Looks like a 2 plant max tent to me. I have a 4×4×7 with 3 plants in 5 gallon buckets and there isnt really any more room for another plant. Once in flower they widen up big time.

15. I'm slowly changing the light schedule .. I've been cutting back a hr each night.almost to 12/12 I've been turning the bloom light on for a hour each day longer also until 12/12 . 20191225_195340.jpg 20191225_194850.jpg

16. And this my friend is why you should always buy fem seeds. They’re over 99% accurate from any decent breeder.
    If you don’t fancy upgrading your grow space then just buy autos. Garunteed fem and never seen a hermie on the forums yet.
    Can have 4 different strains at 4 different stages of growth all under the same light :)

17. Update I ended up with one male out of six that's sweet