Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm gonna be done for a while

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by We3d42o, Jul 18, 2010.

1. So, first, some background.

I've been getting stoned since freshman year of high school, I am 18, and I've spent the last year or two getting high on a near-daily basis.

My dad busted me once in 9th grade. I stayed (Sorta) out of trouble in 10th grade. Junior year I got caught... 3 times. I didn't get caught during 12th grade.

My family consists of my dad, my brother, and myself. My mom was taken by cancer in May.

My dad does NOT approve of me getting high. And he expects me not to. Basically, I live in his house, eat his food, use his electricity, and drive his car.

Yesterday, Dad went into my bedroom and smelled something very (very very very very ;) ) skunky. He found two glass pipes, a grinder, a bag of vaped weed, two bags of mushrooms, and my Vapor Brother's Vaporizer.

And surprisingly, he DIDN'T explode. He was very calm about it. I'd thought that he'd kick me out if he caught me again. Instead, he did... well... nothing really.

But the problem is the lying. Every time I walk out the door, I've been lying to him about what I'm doing, who I'm with, etc. Sure it's "none of his business" but with our family having gone through some REALLY hard shit in the last couple of months, it's important to me to have a good relationship with him.

Basically, getting high has taken away a lot of the trust between us. If I continue the way I have been, it'll seriously fuck up our family. When I'm away at school and everything, maybe then I'll get back into it.

But for now, I'm gonna be pretty clean. Or at least not smoking daily. Or weekly. Or until further notice. Hell I need a T-Break anyway, it takes 2 huge vape bowls for me to get really high :eek:

I guess I just needed some place to say good-bye to Mary, even if it's only temporary. And what better place to do so than Grasscity?

Thanks for all the great information that I've gotten here, and for all the fun posts and threads. I'll still drop by every once in a while.

Peace and love, blades, toke a few bowls for me,

Win

2. Sorry to hear about your loss man, R.I.P to your mother. my father past away 4 years ago to cancer so i know what your fam is going through. i think its good that your taking a break. one thing i recently started noticing is that smoking on a daily bases is stupid if your doing it just for fun(unless it makes your day soooo much better). i understand if you have a medical reason thats a different story. but good luck on your journey, i will be traveling the same path, just that i get off in about 2-3 weeks. and once again sorry for the loss, hope all will be well.

3. I'm seriously lighting up tonight for you dude. If you're an adult your dad should understand your right to make choices he doesnt approve of or understand. But regardless I respect your choice to take a break. Hope it's not too long. Cya again soon!

4. You sound like a very mature and responsible person. It's good to see you're putting your father and his relationship with you first. Mary will always be here. Your family will not.

Rest in Peace to your Mother and I'm really sorry.

Stay strong in the struggle.

I'll pull some toke for you tonight champ.

5. I totally respect you for what you're doing man. You gave up an important thing in your life for your family, and that is something that alot of people on the city wouldn't have the decency to do. You can still chill here though, the city has loads of seperate forums, not all related to weed.

6. much respect man. r.i.p. to your mother, i'm sorry for your loss. i think it's a great thing that you're doing, putting your family as your priority. looks like you got everything in check. keep it up man, i'll vape a bowl for you man :smoke:

7. I used to be the same way, i felt the same guilt of lying every time i went out. Instead of quitting, i came out and tryed to change my dads perspective on weed (it didnt work). so basicly what i ended up doing was leaving it as a party accessory. I would live a normal life then on weekends if a friend waqs throwing a party or just a get togeather and a few of my buddies were going, we would toke up a little then go. i am also 18 and i feel like i know where your coming from.

Btw R.I.P to your mom bro, a mother in general is a beautiful person. Stay strong and keep her in your heart! Your a stronger person now then ever...

8. Thanks for the replies, everyone, it always surprises me how the support from people, even those who I don't really know very well, always makes me feel a bit better.

She was a wonderful woman; we live in a pretty small town and over 700 people showed up for the service.

On the toking note, thanks for burning a few for me! I know that I have the choice to do what I want, but I also have the responsibility to my family to keep us as close as humanly possible.

So thanks again, you guys are great :) And don't fret, I'll still be around, I got lots to say! :hello: