I'm freaking the fuck out right now.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Obscene, Jan 17, 2010.

1. #1 Obscene, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
    Ok I'm trying to find a link to this right now but i guess they havn't posted the story. Well about 3 months ago I had a cousin who was shot and killed at a shell station over a petty arguement.
    Well I just woke up to the lovely news that another one of my cousins is on life support at UK hospital. Apparently he was trying to stop someone from beating up a woman and the guy shot him. I don't wanna go up there because I don't want my last memory to be him with all those tubes in him, yet my family is mad because I'm not going. What should I do?

http://www.lex18.com/news/lexington-man-critical-after-early-morning-shooting/

2. Bro, i was in the same situation, of course not exactly the same, but similar... my advice would be to go, make peace with him..and take the time to reflect on the GOOD times you and your cousin had. I mean.. it'd be better than NOT getting the chance to say goodbye and living with that. I know it's hard, i wish you and your family the best of luck in these times.

3. Is it going to suck for you to see your cousin clinging to life via some tubes shoved into his body? Yeah, probably. But it's not about you: he's the one in the hospital bed and it's your responsibility to do anything and everything in your power to make him more comfortable. After all, it sounds like these very well could be his last days.

4. Man up and go see your cousin. This is NOT about you, it's about him.

Honestly, that's pretty selfish. YOU don't want YOUR last memory of him associated with a hospital and a gunshot wound.

Sorry to be harsh, but it seems that you're really only concerned about how this affects you. It's time to think about someone else.

Go. You won't regret saying goodbye to a dying loved one.

Also, I'm genuinely sorry this happened.

5. i feel bad for your situation, but i would go ive lost a couple loved ones close to me and i missed the oppurtunity to say goodbye and it sucks alot worse....especially if your close to them.....really it will be tough seeing them like that but if you get to make your piece with them it will be alot better later on in life.

6. Dude....go see your cousin.

7. Later in life you'll regret not seeing him for the last time and telling him you love him so definitely go

8. I agree with what everyone is saying, just go see your cousin, just incase he doesnt make it say your goodbyes and just be there with your family

9. Go to the hospital but you dont have to go to the funeral..............if he dies

10. First off, to everyone that says its selfish of me not to go, my cousin is almost completely braindead so he doesn't know who is up there. I went up there and I'm regretting it now. He doesn't even know my uncle is up there. I held his hand and kissed him on the forehead. Easily the hardest thing I've ever done. He's completely unresponsive.

Secondly, the doctor told us the extent of the damage. Apparently the bullet was a .22 so it went in through his heart hit something and bounced through his stomach. They pulled the bullet out of his large intestine I believe. It's killing me because they are going to keep him on life support even though he only has 1-5% chance of survial, but even if he makes it he will be completely brain dead. I just don't understand it at all.

I've smoked so much and dpne a whole lot of xanax but nothing seems to ease the pain. Two close family memebrs in two months.:(