im flaking on my friend's bday today....

Discussion in 'General' started by sk8njam, Dec 2, 2011.

1. ...yep im flaking on her for a jam session with some dudes i just met...

its her 23rd bday today, i told her i would go down to lancaster and chill with them at this sushi place,then go bar hoppin after in hollywood....but for some reason this doesn't excite me AT ALL....

i dont get excited about the party scene too much anymore, i hate to say i grew out of it, but damn...i partied too hard from like 17 years old til a few months ago (im 22)...im still VERY social, but nowadays when i get that txt from the homies saying "yo come thru we've got beer n bitches" my reply is usually "not tonight man im busy"....

i live in hollywood so maybe ill catch em sometime after 2am and roll a few jays for her and my other friends but i am damn sure not down to go bar hopping

no matter what im not going to go, but what do you guys think? Does this make me a dick to my friend? Ive known her since high school its not like this is gonna start drama or anything but i just know she wanted me to be there.

2. If it was me I'd go with her

3. Eh, at least call her ahead of time and let her know you're not gonna make it.. but still, I'd suggest you just go. It sounds like it would be fun and all but if you're not feeling it then you're not feeling it.

4. idk man it depends. honestly i'd do the same thing, music is more important to me than anything. my friends know that and i sometimes ditch them if i can find a place to play. usually they come with me if they aren't doing anything huge. but even then it's not like it's ruining our friendship.

i mean if i skipped my friends bday to jam they'd probly just say something like come thru after or "okay well tm then asshole haha"

5. idk man it depends. honestly i'd do the same thing, music is more important to me than anything. my friends know that and i sometimes ditch them if i can find a place to play. usually they come with me if they aren't doing anything huge. but even then it's not like it's ruining our friendship.

i mean if i skipped my friends bday to jam they'd probly just say something like come thru after or "okay well tm then asshole haha"

6. Do you see these people frequently? If you'll see them again next weekend, a opportunity to jam a bit and then maybe catch up to them later for like a 3am Denny's(other 24/7 restaurant) doesn't seem like that bad of a compromise.

Just don't burn bridges, people tend to be a bit more sensitive on birthdays. I've seen girls go ballistic over some minor issue, you know "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" kind of shit

7. oh ya dude i already called her right after i posted this and told her happy bday and all that...she knows im not goin and shes cool with it....thanks tho

8. Dude its her bday you have to make an appearance...at least smoke a J with her before she goes club hopping

9. You told her you would go, how would you like it if your close buddy blew you off on a big day for strangers?

Come correct, dude.

10. Don't ditch her, let her know you're not gonna go. No problem in not going, she has others there for entertainment

11. just so everyone is updated....my apartment ended up hosting the after party we are playing BP and smoking bowls and doing stupid shit after they all went clubbing....good times happy friday everybody!!!!!!

12. Edit: didn't see your post haha