Im Feelin Lucky

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by datkidganga, Jun 5, 2008.

1. So hears the deal. About a week and a half ago i decided to start my first attempt at a grow after hours and hours of research on this site and others. I knew i wanted to keep it simple and wanted the experience more than anything so i could take it to the next grow. I bought a bag and found one seed in it. I knew the qualities of a good seed to attempt to germinate (hard and doesn't break when you pinch it). This seed met all of those factors so i decided to give it a go. So i started germinating the seed in a wet paper towel inside a plastic bag. During that time i went to my local store, and bought one rubbermaid tub, four 26 watt 2700K cfls, some all organic soil and a 10 inch pot. Also i grabbed some cheap mylar. I cut an intake and an exhaust hole for the rubbermaid and decided to use a small fan to blow air in through the intake, causing positive air pressure inside the rubbermaid, forcing the hot air out the exhaust that was placed higher. As i check on my seed day by day, i saw nothing. Finally one day it germinates and i plant it. Within a day it had broken service. I started 12/12 from seed because of the height restrictions and i will be using lst as well. At first, the sprout grew very slowly and i had to fine tune some things to make it all work (thanks to this site i knew what to fine tune). So the days went on and its day 10 now from seed. As i went about my watering today i started looking and what do i see, two pistols on the first leaf set. Very very small but definately two hairs. So long story short, i was able to overcome one step at a time and was able to get lucky enough to germinate, grow, and create a female plant. This may not sound cool to some people but this is my first time growing anything ever and i have become so attached to my plant. I will get pictures up shortly but she is doing very well. Shes got great color and is kept 4 inches away from all 4 cfls which have soda cans for reflectors. Shes only about 4 or 5 inches tall but looks extremely healthy. I plan on keeping my watering schedule (every other day) and introduce nutes when i feel that the time is right. However, i have one question. Ive read everywhere that the plant shouldn't show sex until around day 21 from seed on a 12/12 schedule. Is it good, bad, or indifferent that my plant showed sex within 10 days from seed? Thank you guys for taking the time to read this. i'm stoked right now. Thank you everyone contributing their knowledge to this site cause i couldn't have done it without you

2. u either got a autoflowering plant or ur mistakeing new growth as pistols post a pic of the white hairs be interesting good luck