Im crossing a Nevilles Haze and Troublemaker (hindu x master kush x nl#5 x hazeXhaze)

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by h4rk4t, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Hey guys,
    right now im growing 4 nevilles haze (one has taken on the resessive traits of northern lights sooo mostly nl#5) and one troublemaker. the troublemaker is in a different room...i actually ahve a grow log going on in CHQ Strain Guide Forum that has pics and all that good stuff. But ANY"WAYS my question is, since i have been flowering tm for about a week and a half now or and its pollin sachs are obviouse their pollin sachs and that its a male (shit it even looks like it could be hermie!). how long do you all know it takes for pollin sachs to open? but my most important question HOW LONG should i wait for the pollin to mature so that i can actually put a little bit of its pollin on some of my nev's buds? like does it matter when i take a few pollin sachs (do they need to be matured to a certain point?).

thanks for all input, i havnt ever tried crossing strains before out of all the years of growing...so im a noob with pollin sachs hah. peacee
    -harkat

2. come on anyone? 22 views and still nobodyyy.....just needa know if its alright to use pollin that is young.....

3. ''Pollen that is young'' Do you mean pollen that comes out of the flower after it opens by itself ?

4. naww like the kind thats....well sachs that are still small....as if i were to take one off and slice it open myself and use that pollin.

5. haven't flowered many males but the ones i have start dropping pollen 2-3 weeks into 12/12.

6. damnn wouldnt they be smalll though? hmm....i guess im going to be fine just putting it in my room by the window hah....or maybe justi n darkness thsi way i trick it into thinking it dies and makes it speed up?? would take 5 days soooo thats enough to equal about 2 weeks hah...
    its smart.....iimmm going to go get the bucket now and just stick it in my closet.....:hello:

7. I had the very same question. What I was told is to just let him drop pollen on a piece of paper. There's a trick where you take a cutting, put it in water to keep it alive, and it'll drop pollen onto a sheet of paper eventually. It didn't work for me, I don't know why. My male had already busted a couple of his nuts so I took him out, took a cutting, and left it in relative darkness. He never dropped any more pollen. I'd say keep him in the light schedule, just away from your girl. Doesn't have to be enough light to grow, just enough so he knows the lights are on 12 hours a day and off 12.

8. Sorry , I have allways used natural pollenation with a couple plants outdoors every year. But I have been keeping an eye on your grow. Up to the last I've seen everything you have is looking great. Good luck on pollinating and producing those seeds man. And also my plants are GREAT and I'll have some new pics of my plants in a week or two, after week 5 of flowering.

9. hmmm....i think i might just move the entire platn instead of taking a cutting. and i'll give it like some sort of a night light....it cant hert it if i get light leeks hah its already male bleh. but anyways thanks for that information dude +rep

thanks man! i cant wait to see your pics!

10. hey guys thought i'd just quickly update on what i've done.

I did that idea that Kamelredlight said about taking a cutting and letting the pollin drop....it worked like a CHARM! thanks for hte idea bro. i just stuck both the cutting and the father in my window, wjere they get prolly under 8 hours of light, the father though for some reason hasnt busted his nuts, thanks soo damn much kamel light that idea of yours helped alot......but damn doing this helped me learn an ass load about males as well:p. peace

oh here are the pics and shit i took/made from my male plant (the cutting)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]and you can see the yellow powder stuff int he last two pics, thats the pollin;)