I'm at a loss to strain...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Schiz, Jul 14, 2010.

1. I really want to make a huge harvest for my first grow. I've been reading and watched everything there is out there already and feel confident. I just can't make that first step.

What strain man!?!?!

I'm shooting for white widow/G13 and some small exotic one for good measure.

typicals: 400W bulb - Soil - Max Height <50 inches - Hopefully I can figure out how to build a self watering system.

2. Well, as for the self watering system... there are many to choose from... that is, if you go hydro (WHY NOT?!)

I like DWC, it's easy to make and maintain, reliable, has proven results, and can be made on the cheap. Then there's bio buckets, E&F, NFT, aeroponics, wick system, and quite a few others I'm sure.

3. I think you need to re-set your expectations. Most first-time growers fail or make serious mistakes along the way that compromise the harvest. As a first-time grower, you would be ahead of the game to just bring a plant successfully to harvest, period. Aiming for a huge harvest out of the box is like showing up at the Olympics confident you can jump into the race and win a gold medal.

Start with bagseed if you have any, no point in investing in top genetics to use for all of your hand-on mistake learning opportunities.

You can build a self-watering system, but honestly after you buy all the parts and put in the labor I think this is one of those categories where it makes more sense to just buy something ready-made -- I've seen auto irrigation systems for about $50.

4. Agreed, my first grow i got about 10g of decent bud, i was happy, plan on getting nothing besides experience and you wont be disappointed:p Keep it simple, one or two plants, record what you do, dates, times, ect.. look at what you did wrong, improve, and get ready for big yield next time:)

5. I grow g13/white widow its a medium producer and wouldnt reccomend it to a first time grower. If you can, get your hands on something like casey jones or any kush. They grow easily. Also. IMO opinion dirt is the way to go, no doubt for a begginer as it leaves more room for error and corrects ph on its own. And by the way, read literature from any old timer and theyll tell ya the best tasting shit comes from dirt. Also, stay with one strain it will help you dial in your grow method.

6. Serious seeds ak-47, easy, big yield, nice high, stay shortish for indoors.