Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm all emotional and I have to say this.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by -4Twenty-, Feb 4, 2010.

1. #1 -4Twenty-, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    Mods I dont know if this is the wrong topic to post this in, but I really want to get this off my chest.

Me and a few close friends just got together tonight to remember the life of Elroy Gordijn who passed away about 3 months ago.
    We toked up and drank a couple of beers too much.
    We held a minute of silence to remember him and we wished he was here with us to have a good time.
    But it just did not feel as good as we would with him.
    We smoked the last of our trainwreck and drank a crate of the strongest beer we could find and tried to enjoy ourselves this night.

We played this song a couple of times because that was the song Elroy and me would listen to in the car that eventioualy took his life:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsfeAECKmTI]YouTube - Evil Activities - Nobody Said It Was Easy[/ame]

I just want to tell to people because I feel like sharing these emotions creates a bond between people that will never be broken.
    I have had the great moral support of people who are compassionate about these sort of things and I feel that the marijuana smoking community is more in touch with these feelings because the herb makes you reveal the true 'you' to yourself.

I have met some great people in the past but NONE of them were the perfect friend that Elroy was.
    And I am not meaning to insult anyone but I really feel like I still have a sort of spiritual bond with him and it is the strongest bond I ever had with anyone, even my mom or dad.
    And I have great parents...

My mom and me after my friends left had a long talk and my eyes just welled up with tears as I remembered the life of my best friend in the whole world.

Elroy I miss you, everyone who has ever known you misses you and we all wish this tragic accident wouldn't have happend.

May you rest in peace, where-ever you are.
    18/10/2009

Edit:
    The title of the song is:
    Nobody said it was easy.

And it isn't, it's the hardest thing I have ever gone through.

2. Nice post brotha..

3. just lost a friend my self, I feel ur pain. People are dropping like flies, and in my case if they arent dying theyre getting arrested which in some ways is worse cause they arent getting out anytime soon, or anytime this decade

4. lost a great friend and person just recently due to car accident and he was not wearing his seat belt . 18 years old and a bright future ahead of him my friend now lays buried. burnin one for him fo sho.

5. Sounds like you really cared about him and he sounded like a great guy

im sorry for your loss and i hope that when your smokin now that you can still feel him there

with you because i am sure he would love to be.

R.I.P Elroy

6. i've lost my best friend once before too, i was a little younger.
    and if its not that, you always seem to know or hear of people losing people close to them.
    the way i look at it is, noones here forever, and if we were, itd suck anyway. so while you are here, i know its cliche, but truley live for the moment, love all, and smoke mary.
    people who pass are eternal, and know hes watching over you right now 4twenty.

7. That sucks man im sorry for your loss
    i fear the day i learn what its like to lose a loved one
    i'm packing a bowl and listening to that song
    which is excellent! btw

8. im sorry for your loss man, it sounds like he was a really great person. it sounds cliche, but time heals all wounds, and remember hes watching over you and probably lighting up a fatty in paradise

9. this. sorry about losing your friend, man. he sounded like a good guy. you do too actually. lol i'm sure you guys made quite the team.

EDIT: also, i'll make sure to smoke a bowl for him man, he sounds like a man of incredible character.

10. I'm sorry for your loss. I too have a friend who died in a car accident.
    R.I.P. Elroy

11. i never had a true best friend...(other then my girlfriend doesnt count in my books)

you seem like a nice friend to write this thread and feel for him (wish i had a friend like you hah)

12. Dude, I'm truly sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a true friend. It's good to know you and your friends mourned his loss.

But take comfort in the fact that he is now in the stoner circle in the sky taking beautiful bong rips of true Purple Haze, which is now only found in Heaven.

This joint I just sparked is for you, your friends, and all who cared about him.

13. Whats up with everyone gettin caught lately???? Ive had alot of friends get raided recently. I mean damn feds take it easy on the bud

14. Keep your head up my man. The next bowl of Sour D I smoke will be in his honor.

15. #15 -4Twenty-, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010

Im sorry for your loss man.

Elroy also passed away in a car accident and a couple of people wrote him songs.
    The most known of those is this one:

The pictures might be shocking to some.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyuyGk890hs]YouTube - E.N.T. - Nu Je Weg Bent (R.I.P. Elroy Gordijn)[/ame]

It also shows a few pictures of the wreckage.
    He had his drivers licence for 3 days then...

The thing is, every morning when I open my window I could see his house and see if he was home or not.
    But now every time I open my window I just stop for a second...

16. sorry to hear about your loss man, i dont think i could ever handle losing my best friend you must be very strong!

17. Stay strong bud. Death is a part of life. Remember him and cherish the good times. Next time you drink pour out a beer/ shot for him.