Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im About To Smoke For The First Time Before Going On Holiday

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by nicklasspaam, May 12, 2014.

1. Hello

I'm a little sceptical about posting here, because all (most) of you would agree with eachother that weed is not dangerous or addictive, and I won't deny it, but I believe you guys know more about this than the 'weed is dangerous'-propaganda which most people know is fake, even non-smokers.
    A friend of mine have been smoking joints for months now, and I (and a group of friends) would like to try it.
    The thing is: I have exams right now, and don't want to do it before mid june, because I wouldn't like to be affected while studying for exams. I have about 8 days before my family and I am going to California for holiday.
    My friend already has a friend bring it for him for the time we will smoke it - But!
    How will smoking a joint affect me on my holiday?
    I remember back in ground school (what it's called in my country) our healthcare-lady (what you would call her) told me that it would stay in the body for a month, and I wouldn't be able to learn anything, for a scare against weed.
    I'm not sure if it's related, but I would like to remember my holiday, which is very expensive, and I wouldn't feel sick or anything because of the joint, anything which would ruin it.

Do any of you know if I will be affected by it on my holiday, some days (around a week) after smoking it? I will be away for 3 weeks, and even though I would really like to try a joint, I wouldn't throw away my holiday because of it.

2. Don't smoke now, finish your exams. 
    Then smoke a joint the first chance you get while on Holiday, and see how you like it from there. 

3. Thank you for answering,
    But what if I smoke it before going on holiday? I have 8 days between last exam and travelling, but as mentioned before, I wouldn't want to ruin my holiday because of a joint.

4. It wouldnt ruin anything about your holiday, as the effects would wear off after a few hours. You need to smoke a lot more than a joint to experience memory loss.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The thc can stay in your system for that long, but I wouldn't worry unless you plan on taking a drug test in the near future, the longest it will affect you is the rest of the day, you will be high for a few hours, then maybe sleepy.  Once you sleep it off you feel normal again.

6. ^ The THC and other chemicals that stay in your body have no noticeable effect once the high is over and you have landed again, other than on a drug test. Especially since you have never smoked before and obviously won't experience any kind of long term effects, no one is going to notice that you where high a week ago. They'll likely not even notice it the day after (I sometimes feel a little slow the next day, but I don't think anyone else notices that).

7. Alright, thank you.
    Another question popped up in my mind because you mentioned a drug test: When you travel to America from Europe, will there be drug tests? I don't know why the should be, I just don't want to be 'caught', or what you would call it.

8. I've only traveled between continents once (Austria-Japan), and there was no test. I have no idea why there should be either, and I'm fairly certain that there won't unless you are acting suspicious. I've never been flying to or from the US, so I can't guarantee it, but I've never heard of it, and I would be surprised to say the least if you where actually tested :p

9. There's no way you'd have to take a drug test to go to another country that would be very expensive for them to do that and it would hold everything up. Don't worry at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Alright, thank you. This relieved it for me, and I've made up my mind that I'm gonna try it, and I'm excited as hell!

11. Good luck man, I hope you'll enjoy it :)

12. Have fun man, I remember when I first started. Don't worry about feeling sick, if anything it'll relieve an upset stomach. A joint may not be best for a first timer if you are nervous , if your friend has a pipe I might suggest you try that and just take a hit at a time and wait about 5 minutes between hits so you can gauge how it is affecting you. The first time I got high I smoked a whole joint, and spent the next 3 hours fascinated by some pink flowers on the back porch. I enjoyed it, but some people do experience paranoia or anxiety if they take too large a dose. Just remember, no matter what, it will pass, and you can't overdose no matter how much you take, so don't worry about that. I have consumed edibles with the potency of 10 joints without any ill effect, and i have never had anything I would call a "weed hangover". Once the high is gone, it's not going to affect you.

13. holiday...lol gotta love the european way of saying "vacation"

14. A joint won't ruin your holiday, at this point you should worry more about the exams and the necessary amounts of studying that needs to be done.
    Your holiday, if you choose to enjoy smoking, could become a whole lot more relaxing than others.  

15. Wait till you get to cali
    Dabs for days

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app