Im a sexy woman, so stop objectifying me

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sovereign Psyche, Jan 28, 2014.

1. [quote name="RippedMonk" post="19434790" timestamp="1391092264"]I don't think your mom would like that. She probably prefers not to be objectified. :p[/quote]Your mom likes it ;)Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Call me crazy but i dont think women are objectified at all in society.

Think about it.

A. The women chose to "objectify" themselves, if thats even an approriate term for what it is. Many of them enjoy the attention.

B. Women make up like 50% of the population. If they really hated it, it would change.

C. Men are "objectified" as well ever see thunder from down under?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #43 RippedMonk, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014

You are such an oppressed and objectified man aren't you?  Women, stop hurting this poor, "crazy" little fella.

4. #44 TinTizzy, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    ok i never really got the objectify thing and heres my half ass analysis on why...When I see a sexy woman sure I think "damn shes hot id like to have sex with her" but thats because im only processing her with visual stimulation and not any other senses...i dont think shes just a piece of meat or whatever because i do realize there is a lot more to her but if shes not talking Im not going to ever find out so why put much time into thinking about it

Now if i see and hear an attractive woman I make a judgement based on both those things..yes shes hot but if she seems cool she becomes even hotter and it makes me more curious about her..and if shes actually talking to me I really wonder things about her like whats hobbies she likes or if she smokes weed or whatever

I think most people process each other like this but you got the extreme sexist one end of the spectrum and since society glamorizes the "manly man", thats what the media and everyone uses as a guideline to how they think men think about women...there will always be extremes but I dont think the majority of men are actually how they are portrayed as dudebros just wanting to objectify women and bang them..that just comes down to maturity level and lots of men grow out of it

so it just comes down to the fact that both men and women can objectify each other but the men do it more often due to society saying thats how real men are and therefore bring attention to it more

5. Fixed for thread relevence

A woman is a "fella?"  :confused_2:  You failed at fixing it you macho animal...oh wait you were objectified again.  Man, when will the oppression end? :rolleyes:

7. Are you trying to make a point if some sort?

8. #49 Sovereign Psyche, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    I think objectifying has something to do with generalizations and emotion. 

Everything is a generalization.  To create a sentence or meaning, you need to generalize or qualify.

Without emotions, you can't make decisions.  You need the inkling to go in a direction or not, and that's where we think of consciousness and further rationing comes after. 

You can only go from one appearance to the next, and create a sentence from that. 

So when you objectify a woman, you start with her most obvious appearance, what many call her appearance. 

I did make a point, it obviously went right over your head.